Clear all

Contributing new Lighting Modes

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@markr)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@bruce I have a custom-built sand table that I have developed on for a couple years now and as part of that I have written quite a few Lighting Modes for an Adafruit Dotstar LED strip.

I have a demo video and all of my code is available on Github. I would be happy to contribute these to the community.

Is there a way to connect the dots between what I have created and the LEDs in the Sisyphus table?

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Mark Roland

Topic Tags
(@bruce)
Admin

@markr -

When we were evaluating the option of adding color to our lighting, I did look at DotStar (APA102/SK98225) vs. NeoPixel (SK6812). At the time, I think DotStar did not offer a RGB+W option, which made the choice to use NeoPixels a no-brainer. Also, the Python library that controls RGBW Neo's works great on a Pi. And since our tables / Minis aren't moving through space quickly (hopefully :), the higher refresh rate of the DotStar offers no advantage (POV). I don't think it would be easy to connect DotStars to our table, since they require 4 wires (not three), and have different timing specs. Be happy to learn if that's incorrect.

ReplyQuote
(@markr)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks @bruce, that's helpful information, I appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop