skip to Main Content
Ball going out of b...

Notifications
Clear all

Ball going out of bounds on several tracks.

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@burningamd)
Contributor
Topic starter  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cBB4sEcefALM5RTG7

Is this a table issue or a track issue? From what limited I know about the tracks, this shouldn't really be possible as it's cords from 0-1. Most tracks play fine but these I've had issues with, some played more than once to reproduce.It's almost like they are using absolute cords for a larger table, but again 0-1, so that shouldn't be a thing.

The "its your move" track was especially weird as it played something not what it was supposed to be and then homing would would click and whine. (homing worked properly after and other tracks played fine)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cBB4sEcefALM5RTG7

(@bruce)
Admin

I just responded to this on an earlier post of yours. I suspect that what you're seeing is a mechanical issue - possibly a loose set-screw in the Rho pinion gear. This can cause intermittent position error (the Rho motor shaft can intermittently slip inside the pinion). Here is a video from our support team that shows how to fix it. If that does not correct the problem (or if you want more help in troubleshooting) please contact us at support@sisyphus-industries.com.

ReplyQuote
(@burningamd)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@bruce

I'll give that a look, it's only certain tracks though. Maybe the acceleration in those in particular are selectively causing slipping. But I suspect this is not the case because the track is otherwise OK and it seems very deliberately going off.

For instance if you look at the photo of the triangular track, the track is "printing" fine, but as the triangle gets bigger it starts ramming the ball into the park, eventually it over travels so much it knocks the ball off.

It homes in the center fine and prints 45 other tracks perfectly.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop