Community

Erase from outside ...

Erase from outside in only?  

RSS

(@burningamd)
Contributor
January 30, 2020 9:14 am  

As titled. I've had it for 2 days and I'm already noticing the center can get a little sparse with sand from the tracks, and often when I use erase it goes from the middle out making this worse (plus having to slide back in for the start of some tracks) Would be nice to have an erase that forces it to start from outside. Sometimes I try to switch to erase when the ball is out there and that works half the time but...

(@bruce)
Admin
January 30, 2020 10:22 am  

Actually, erase doesn't move much sand - either in or out. But try this:

1. Library >Playlists > hit "+" to create a new playlist
  2. name it "plow in" (or whatever you prefer)
  3. add track "e10"
  4. add track "apache1"
  5. hit "done"
  6. hit "save"
  7. play sequential (not shuffle)
  8. turn repeat on - and let run over night (or all day)

Explanation: e10 is a crude erase track - 10 revolutions from center to edge - just to get the ball out to the edge quickly. Apache is a spiky spiral track that moves a lot of sand toward the middle when played backwards (edge to center - a.k.a. "1 to 0"). After multiple runs of this playlist, you should see more sand in the middle. Let me know if it works for you.

ReplyQuote
(@dbullard)
Contributor
February 2, 2020 8:03 pm  

Another alternative is my "inwards" version of my "sunburst" pattern (uploading to the new site today).

ReplyQuote
(@burningamd)
Contributor
February 3, 2020 7:31 am  

The problem was more just that tracks where the balls is wiggling in the center at the start there would be a hole there and it would end on outside, then if I told it to erase it would erase inside to out leaving the hole. So I don't need this extreme, but I will remember this technique for later.

I found erase tracks from out to in and in to out in the community dropbox, though I don't remember whos folder now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n2l29huvdrjalyx/AAA69jTy1aDobkR_wKog1Ewka?dl=0

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
February 11, 2020 4:52 pm  

Write the following 2 line text file

0  1

314.159 0

save it as "inwarderase.thr"

upload it and run it on the table - it will erase from the outside to the inside.

use 157.0795 if you want it faster and coarser lines  (pi*some even value - 100 and 50 here)

but be aware that any movement to movement near the center except for a long spiral like that will be choppy.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Working

Please Login or Register