Clear all

Sisyphus Text Generator 2 - improved interface and 3 outputs

0 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I rewrote the text generator program for the Sisyphus table and made a graphical entry form to make it easier to use (photo of new selection screen is below) . I also added a spiral text option to the 3 straight lines or 2 circular ones output and added some text kerning to make output look better  (photo of output is also below).

The program is written in MS Small Basic - you run the source code so you can see it is clean and not doing anything funny.  SmallBasic is free too (download from Microsoft).

There are 4 files you need - the program (.sb) file,  abcd.txt, adcdp.txt (the 2 font files) and a instruction text file (again - all below) .  Just make sure that the files are all in the same directory on your computer!

Please give feedback - I think it's pretty bulletproof but PLEASE type input slowly - MS basic takes it time! 

(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

here are the program files 

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by crsolomon

ReplyQuote
(@asjolund)
Contributor

This is awesome!  FYI I needed to rename the abdc.txt file in order to get it to work properly, which you may want to include in your instructions or rename in the zip file!

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

the abcd.txt  and abcdpkern.txt files I included are the correct ones for the program to run. I changed the name in the instruction .txt file to match those

But don't rename the files - unless you change the read instructions in the program

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor

This seems very cool!  Thank you for putting it together.  I'm experimenting with it in advance of receiving my table, but I keep running into a "One text box is empty or invalid" error.  I see this when using Curved/Printed, Curved/Cursive, Spiral/Printed, and Spiral/Cursive.  Selecting Curved gives me two text boxes to fill, whereas Spiral only gives me one, but in all cases, I get that error regardless of whether I enter a single character or enough characters to raise the line length value to near maximum. I'm waiting to make sure the "echo" area lower in the interface updates based on what I typed before clicking "Draw preview first", but I can't avoid that error.  What am I doing wrong?

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I think I found an error that causes what you see and have a correction in a version d of the program - I don't think I updated it here (bad me)

I attached the version d file here - try it and see if that fixes the issues.  I used it yesterday and this week and version d has never failed me.

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor

Posted by: crsolomon

I think I found an error that causes what you see and have a correction in a version d of the program - I don't think I updated it here (bad me)

I attached the version d file here - try it and see if that fixes the issues.  I used it yesterday and this week and version d has never failed me.

It works perfectly now. Thanks very much for the incredibly fast response and for creating this application!  Can't wait to get my table! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@crsolomon - Thanks again, Ray, not only for sharing your utility, but also for improving it!

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop