Community

Sisyphus Text Gener...

Sisyphus Text Generator 2 - improved interface and 3 outputs  

RSS

(@crsolomon)
Contributor
February 11, 2020 5:09 pm  

I rewrote the text generator program for the Sisyphus table and made a graphical entry form to make it easier to use (photo of new selection screen is below) . I also added a spiral text option to the 3 straight lines or 2 circular ones output and added some text kerning to make output look better  (photo of output is also below).

The program is written in MS Small Basic - you run the source code so you can see it is clean and not doing anything funny.  SmallBasic is free too (download from Microsoft).

There are 4 files you need - the program (.sb) file,  abcd.txt, adcdp.txt (the 2 font files) and a instruction text file (again - all below) .  Just make sure that the files are all in the same directory on your computer!

Please give feedback - I think it's pretty bulletproof but PLEASE type input slowly - MS basic takes it time! 

(@crsolomon)
Contributor
February 11, 2020 5:10 pm  

here are the program files 

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by crsolomon

ReplyQuote
(@asjolund)
Contributor
February 12, 2020 12:20 pm  

This is awesome!  FYI I needed to rename the abdc.txt file in order to get it to work properly, which you may want to include in your instructions or rename in the zip file!

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
February 12, 2020 1:15 pm  

the abcd.txt  and abcdpkern.txt files I included are the correct ones for the program to run. I changed the name in the instruction .txt file to match those

But don't rename the files - unless you change the read instructions in the program

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Working

Please Login or Register