Arghh

13 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Frustration!

I have created a simple two track playlist. The first track was written to begin at rho = 1 and end at rho = 0. The second track, (from Mr Rambonnet) was written to begin at rho = 0 and end at 1. In the playlist, though,  both tracks are supposed to run in reverse.

However, when I start the playlist with the ball at the center, the table first moves the ball to the perimeter, ignoring my instructions, as well as the notations in the app. (See attached).

Why is this so difficult? Why can we not have a command which simply states "play this track from the current ball position"?

But wait...there's more!

Sometimes, the table repeats a track when I have not specified that it should. This is particularly infuriating when I play one of jjr's doilies, and after waiting an hour, return hoping to see the lovely result, only to find the pattern spoiled by the ball plowing its way back to rho=0 to begin again.

Both problems are sporadic  

Arghhh.

(@matt2)
Admin

The current expected behavior for Playing a playlist (non-shuffled) is that it starts at the start rho of the first track. This was chosen because if you curate a playlist, then start it at a different rho, the flow of the rest of the tracks can become broken. Shuffling a playlist will always start at the closest rho. 

As for if your table plays the same track twice, I would like to review the logs from your table to figure out why that might be. If you notice it again, please start a support ticket with the track name, approximate time if you know it, and a copy of the logs.

ReplyQuote
(@jrambonnet)
Contributor

Adam, are you on the new firmware?  If so, I have noticed this too.  It completes a track and then starts all over on the same track.

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@jrambonnet +1 ... Yes, firmware and app are current. This behaviour is not new, though. I saw it sporadically in the previous release(s).

ReplyQuote
(@jrambonnet)
Contributor

I have never seen it happen before and I've designed and run nearly 200 tracks so far.  This behavior is completely new to me.  Hopefully they'll have a fix soon.  I like the other new features though!

adambrower reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@matt2 So...there is no way to begin a playlist at rho=1 with a track written to begin at rho=0, even though the app supports creating such a playlist? (See image in my orig post above.)

If so, the app should be modified to reflect this, because currently, even as the notation under the beginning track says "1/0 reversed", the track in fact plays 0/1 ... non-reversed!

With the ball at rho=1, is there no way to play a 0/1 track reversed from that position?

In the earlier release, when I wanted to run Erase from 1 to 0 (reversed), I solved the problem by making a playlist with 2 instances of Erase, and then, with the ball at 1, choosing "play" for the second instance in the playlist. This worked a treat, but of course it was a kludge.

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@matt2 How do I open a support ticket?

Update: I think I figured it out. Submitted through the zendesk site. 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

adambrower reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@bruce yep, done.

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@jrambonnet Had a note today from Alex. He has my logs and they are working on an update ASAP.

btw - loving those doilies!

jrambonnet reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jrambonnet)
Contributor

@adambrower She has my logs as well.  Hope they find a fix soon.

Glad your enjoying my tracks!

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@jrambonnet Have I misgendered Alex?

ReplyQuote
(@jrambonnet)
Contributor

@adambrower Yup.  She's AKA 'Alexandra', the track designer. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop