Clear all

Reversibility!

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

The most frustrating thing about using the table is the unpredictability of track direction.

I have tracks which are written to run from rho=1 to rho=0, and sometimes want to play them in reverse, but even when such a track has the "reversible" bit set in the app, the bot will often "insist" on running it as non-reversible. The result: starting with the ball in the center, instead of running (as desired) from rho=0 to rho=1, the bot will seemingly ignore the reversible bit and take the ball out to rho=1, and play the track from there! In other instances, the bot first takes the ball to rho=1 and then back to 0 before playing the track. There seems to be neither rhyme or reason in this behavior.

I will welcome an option in the app to force a track to run from the current ball position (with the exception, of course, of those tracks which by their nature cannot be reversed: those that are written to both begin and end at rho=1 or rho=0).

If I am nuts, or am overlooking something obvious, I know someone will apply the cluestick. 

(@bruce)
Admin

We will be releasing a new version of firmware next week which should improve control and visibility of track play direction (amongst a bunch of other new stuff, like addition of a queue). We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you relaying your experienced with it - good or bad.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

1.12.04 update is out. With it, on the homepage, you can click on "Connections" in the Next Up heading to view the track flow and information on their start/end (rho) values.

The table will do its best to play smoothly, but depending on the order and track values, it is not always possible. The queue will let you rearrange the track order yourself if you want to fix the upcoming order manually.

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@matt2 Next update, can we have a "remove from queue" option?

This release is a real upgrade. Well done!

matt2 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop