Clear all

Adding cherry veneer

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@maria)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Tho't I ordered my table in cherry, not black --- so have ordered the cherry now. Voila - I get a cherry ring with a black, filthy back, which doesn't come clean...but you can't see it so...

But the side veneers are just pieces with 3M sticky on the back.  Okay, so cost aside, and me doing my own 'update' (free labor) -- there are no instructions.

Has anyone done this?  I know, I know, just stick them on -- but!  are there any tips out there to avoid snapping the veneer in two??  There are some veneer 'scraps' sent along, which leads me to believe that snapping in two is a real possibility?

Anyone works with this stuff? Or have ideas on the best tactic to apply it?

I appreciate the help!   btw -- in my profession, I charge $75 an hour, who do I charge?    :O)

(@bruce)
Admin

Hi @maria,

Sorry you didn't receive any instructions. I see you have already been on our support desk (to arrange for the veneer panels to be shipped to you).  I'm sure we have some instructions - I've created a follow-up ticket - let me know if you don't hear in a day or two from Greg (the one who helped you before). Please wait for further instructions - putting the panels on isn't hard - but that "3M sticky" on the back is a very tenacious adhesive - you want to put it down only once.  Not sure what you mean by veneer scraps (there should be only 4 panels), and also not sure why your ring would be dirty on the back side. We'll pursue these questions on the support desk.

ReplyQuote
(@maria)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks, Bruce.  I figured the sticky was a 'one and done' kinda thing -- I've dry-fit the pieces and some are a tad short, maybe that's what the scraps are for...I'll see what Greg says.

Appreciate the response.   :O)

ReplyQuote
(@brgmn)
Contributor

Maria,

Our ring came with a protective film on the back that easily peeled off. Could that be what you mean?

ReplyQuote
(@maria)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello Brgmn -- Yes, the black ring that came with the table had a protective film on the back, but it was a 'bear' to get off.  This veneer ring doesn't seem to have a film, or it's just too difficult to get an edge started to peel off.  I've tried and had my brother try as well -- no luck.

I assume you're referring to my saying the back of the ring was dirty and couldn't be cleaned?  right?  :O)

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop