skip to Main Content
Table stuck after t...

Notifications
Clear all

Table stuck after trying to update to firmware 1.10.73....

7 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I don't see an announcement thread about this new firmware on this forum, but I just tried to update my RGB metal coffee table to the new 1.10.73 firmware, having been enticed by some of the enhancements.  Alas....

After choosing to update from the iOS app, I saw the 10-step progress bar complete and then saw the blue LEDs cycle on the table shortly thereafter.  Since then, nothing has happened.  The table still responds to pings and SSH, but I can't access it via the browser or iOS app.  After finding this article, I power cycled the table after waiting 60 minutes, at which point I saw the blue LEDs cycle on the table again, but here over an hour later the table is motionless even though it responds to pings and SSH.

Given that SSH is available, is there something I can do before resorting to reimaging the SD card, particularly as the firmware release linked in that KB article isn't even the new release, so at best I'd be getting back to the old firmware without the benefit of the dozens of tracks and many playlists I created?  I have no meaningful experience with Linux, but I can follow directions and provide additional information well enough.

I also wanted to post this just to let others know in case this turns out to be an issue with the firmware update itself (possibly an issue limited to this update when applied on my particular table configuration) or else to hear from others who may have updated without incident.

(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks for the heads up - am sending to our devs ...

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

Hi John,

Sorry to hear your update failed. We'll help you get it back up ASAP. Since you've verified it's on your network and available for SSH we'd appreciate the opportunity to do a remote session to see if we can identify what caused this issues. I'll open a support case to arrange this.

Thanks,

Micah

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  
Posted by: MicahR

Hi John,

Sorry to hear your update failed. We'll help you get it back up ASAP. Since you've verified it's on your network and available for SSH we'd appreciate the opportunity to do a remote session to see if we can identify what caused this issues. I'll open a support case to arrange this.

Thanks,

Micah

Thanks Micah. Appreciate the quick response, and I'm happy to work with you on setting up a remote troubleshooting session. I'll keep an eye out for an email.

ReplyQuote
(@matt_grant1988)
Contributor

Posted by: john.hughan

I don't see an announcement thread about this new firmware on this forum, but I just tried to update my RGB metal coffee table to the new 1.10.73 firmware, having been enticed by some of the enhancements.  Alas....

After choosing to update from the iOS app, I saw the 10-step progress bar complete and then saw the blue LEDs cycle on the table shortly thereafter.  Since then, nothing has happened.  The table still responds to pings and SSH, but I can't access it via the browser or iOS app.  After finding this article, I power cycled the table after waiting 60 minutes, at which point I saw the blue LEDs cycle on the table again, but here over an hour later the table is motionless even though it responds to pings and SSH.

Given that SSH is available, is there something I can do before resorting to reimaging the SD card, particularly as the firmware release linked in that KB article isn't even the new release, so at best I'd be getting back to the old firmware without the benefit of the dozens of tracks and many playlists I created?  I have no meaningful experience with Linux, but I can follow directions and provide additional information well enough.

I also wanted to post this just to let others know in case this turns out to be an issue with the firmware update itself (possibly an issue limited to this update when applied on my particular table configuration) or else to hear from others who may have updated without incident.

It sounds like I've had a very similar issue with my table. I set the table to update and carried on with my work, as that is where I have my table, and then when I came back to it the lights were out and I couldn't get it to respond again. I have checked the power supply and that is fine, when I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights flash on the table twice and then it remains totally unresponsive again. I can't get the app to find it when I re-scan either. Was hoping for help getting it back going again. I'm not very tech savy either, so I may need walking through it step by step. Many thanks, Matt

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Sorry your table is down - our devs are aware...

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  
Posted by: matt_grant1988

It sounds like I've had a very similar issue with my table. I set the table to update and carried on with my work, as that is where I have my table, and then when I came back to it the lights were out and I couldn't get it to respond again. I have checked the power supply and that is fine, when I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights flash on the table twice and then it remains totally unresponsive again. I can't get the app to find it when I re-scan either. Was hoping for help getting it back going again. I'm not very tech savy either, so I may need walking through it step by step. Many thanks, Matt

I forgot to update this.  But two techs from Sisyphus reached out to me and even after spending a couple of hours trying to diagnose and manually fix the problem in a remote controlled SSH session to the table, there wasn't any change, and finally they got to the point where they said they weren't even sure what to investigate next as a possible underlying cause. So we ended up backing up the folder on the table that contained my tracks and playlists, then reimaging the SD card using the instructions on the Sisyphus website. That DID get the table working again, and after that I was able to run the firmware update, which succeeded.  And finally, I was able to restore the folder containing my tracks and playlists so that I didn't have to download/configure all of those again.

I definitely appreciated the time Sisyphus took on the issue, although being an IT person myself, I felt bad that despite all of their time and effort, they weren't able to determine underlying cause.  It's frustrating to me when I fix a problem without understanding what was wrong in the first place. I could have done the SD card reimage on my own, but a) I wasn't sure that would even allow the firmware update to complete the second time around, and b) I figured that it might be worth allowing Sisyphus to look at my table before I did that in case it would help them understand what went wrong and improve things later.  But at the end of the day, my table is working again on the new firmware and I didn't have to start from scratch.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by john.hughan

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop