Replace a Single LED?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@flemingg)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi there,

I have been sisyphus-sitting for a friend, and I've been pretty careful with it. Yesterday when I turned it on, though, I got some interesting effects (video attached). I narrowed it down to a single LED (marked by the LED closest to the paperclip in the video). When I placed my finger on the grey bar just to the right of the LED, so see if the component had come loose, the light seemed to stop being faulty, but when I remove my finger, the flickering restarts.

I tried probing the metal component with a zip-tie to see if it was just a soldering issue, like something had come lose, but it didn't produce the same effect as putting my finger on top of it. Assuming because we need something conductive?

I will contact the helpdesk if that's the right place for this, but since I technically don't own the table myself, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone else had ideas first.

Probably unrelated, but I did update the sisyphus to the latest firmware today (issues started previously) and there was no change. I assume, therefore, that this is NOT a software issue but rather an issue with the hardware in some way.

Any ideas out there? Or should I give in and get in touch with the helpdesk?

Thanks!

(@bruce)
Admin

I can't believe you broke your friend's table! JK πŸ™‚Β  Looks like it has a bad solder joint, and your diagnostic sense is spot on. The fix is to replace the strip - you or your friend can arrange it by contacting our support desk: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop