Clear all

Questions

7 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@johnradi)
Contributor
Topic starter  

For lack of an area to discuss questions from prospective buyers to owners, I thought I'd post here and start with my initial question:

How loud are the motors?  I imagine the table adds some ambient noise/hum?

(@ndhutchison)
Contributor

The motors are not too loud, although the speed you run the table at does make a difference.  The slower you run, the quieter it is (and of course the inverse is also true).

If the room is quiet, I can hear the table, but if your TV is on, or you're talking with friends, the chances are you'll never know it's there.

rberteig reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Agreed - the biggest factor concerning noise level is playback speed. At the slower end the only sound detectable is that of the ball "crunching" the sand. Perhaps  not the best description, but it's fairly soft, and has kind of a soothing effect.  While I agree that in a quiet room I can hear it -  I find it pleasant. (But I'm a bit biased :).

ReplyQuote
(@kristoffer-bjorkman)
Contributor

I have a 2' end table and I concur with ndhutchison and Bruce.

ReplyQuote
(@goulet)
Contributor

Based on those comments, I think my new table is making more noise than expected. Is there any adjustment or guidance on that? When I received my table earlier this week, there was no « foam pad » as described in the instructions (I have a 3 ft table). The table creates beautiful patterns but I am concerned that the noise may not be normal. I attached a video. A fellow sis-owner also thought it was loud... 

Thanx in advance!

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

The character of the sound is normal. Try turning down the speed and see  hear if it's not more to your liking.

Bruce

goulet reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goulet)
Contributor

Thanx for listening and confirming it’s normal. The volume goes down with speed as expected.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop