Clear all

Outer two inches of patterns not visible

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@hdubose1)
Contributor
Topic starter  

The circumference of the drawable area on the table’s “canvas” is larger than the circumference of the inner-hole of the top ring.  As a result, the outer 1-2 inches of many patterns are not visible unless I look at the table up-close and at an awkward viewing angle.  When I compare images of the end table used for your Kickstarter campaign with images of your actual production tables, I can see that the width of the top ring has been increased and that the circumference of the inner hole has been decreased.  My gut reaction is that the larger inner hole in the top rings from your pre-production units would have been preferable because it would not have resulted in the outside edges of patterns being obscured.  But I'm sure that there must be some good reasons for this that I'm not considering.  Could you please explain what the design considerations were that led you to make this change?  Thanks.

(@bruce)
Admin

Hi Hunter -

You are not the only one who would prefer the LED shield ring to be smaller, and not overlap the sand field so much. The design process in making this choice was a compromise between showing as much of the sand as possible vs. minimizing the potential for direct line of sight to the LED's (which can be very distracting from across a room). This is very angle dependent - not a factor when looking straight down on the table, but is while seated  3+ meters away - especially with the end table version, since it's LEDs are significantly higher than the coffee table's. The decision to have overlap was made for two reasons:

• The table is most often viewed by someone seated, and this view almost always extends beyond the lip of the ring (in the "away" direction).
  • 2-ball mode requires space (under the ring) to hide the "ball park". This is standard on the wood tables, and will be an optional add-on for those interested in the future.

Depending on demand, we may also consider offering two or more ring widths for people to choose from.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop