Clear all

"Pause between tracks"

16 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jonj-kay)
Contributor
Topic starter  

On the speed option there is a "pause between tracks" tickbox;  does this pause indefinetly i.e until play is pressed on the app/browser interface or a pause of a number of minutes/seconds?

(Have not been able to leave it alone long enough to test before a member of the family fires up an app and goes for another track!!

cheers j

(@kristoffer-bjorkman)
Contributor

In my experience it pauses indefinitely. I was hoping for it to just pause for a while before continuing to the next track.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-glave)
Contributor

In my experience it pauses until manually continued or woken up from sleep. So, if you have the night mode activated, like I have, the table will start the next track in the morning.

ReplyQuote
(@jonj-kay)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks @robin & @kristoffer.

I would second Kristoffer regarding a pause for a length of time rather than an indefinite pause;

however, I believe that the app is simple to run and uncluttered at this time. Additional bells and whistles could start making the app ungainly and too overly complicated

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

I like the pause between tracks as it lets you see the finished work before it moves on, I was thinking a Physical Button that unpaused would be good but all the WIFI switches I can find connect to external services so may not be suitable.

ReplyQuote
(@jonj-kay)
Contributor
Topic starter  
Posted by: Cameron

I like the pause between tracks as it lets you see the finished work before it moves on, I was thinking a Physical Button that unpaused would be good but all the WIFI switches I can find connect to external services so may not be suitable.

I guess thats when siri/alexa/google integration would come into its own

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

I've been working on a Physical button to click to unpause between tracks, I started thinking about an IFTTT Integration but then your Sisyphus would need to be exposed to the internet,

I have a Flic button now working so you can press the button to Unpause the Sisyphus and have it start the new track.

In the Flic app on your phone that the Bluetooth button connects to, 

Set up an Internet Request, Set the type to Post 

address set to

Unpause
http://<sisyphus address>/sisbot/play
Pause
http://<sisyphus address>/sisbot/pause

Body is {"data":{}}

content type is application/json

Save it and now when you press the flic button you can unpause the Sisyphus and start the next track.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-glave)
Contributor

I've been working on a Physical button to click to unpause between tracks, I started thinking about an IFTTT Integration but then your Sisyphus would need to be exposed to the internet,

I have a Flic button now working so you can press the button to Unpause the Sisyphus and have it start the new track.

address set to

Unpause
Pause

Save it and now when you press the flic button you can unpause the Sisyphus and start the next track.

Where did you get the info on the webrequests? Is there a documentation for that? What would be the request for changes in lighting? 

ReplyQuote
(@joshr)
Contributor

Posted by: Robin
Where did you get the info on the webrequests? Is there a documentation for that? What would be the request for changes in lighting? 

This probably deserves its own thread at this point, but I'm very interested in the same answer.  Thanks to Cameron I  now have "play" and "pause" working on one of my Flic buttons. On another, I'd love to be able to adjust the LED brightness level  (0, 0.5, 1, etc.), as well as perhaps initiate an "erase" pattern.  What are these web requests?  Is there a published list somewhere?  Because other options I'd like to see are:

- adjust movement speed (0, 0.5, 1, etc.)

-sleep

-wake

-shuffle

-loop

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@Cameron -

Very interested in your success controlling your Sisyphus table! My Flic button just arrived - dl'd the app and paired my phone without a hitch. Followed your instructions, using the IP address of one of our local WiFi-connected tables - got a 400 error. Then realized that the IP address in the instructions didn't include the port (:3001). Tried that, but no love -> "404 - file not found" :(. I haven't done any digging re: how to Flic works yet. Any pointers to what I'm missing?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

OK - I finally got this work, after following your example for setting brightness (which surprised me and worked :). The key, for me, was that in the set_brightness example, the body started with data= not {"data":

So, if I follow your pause/play example, substituting 192.168.0.124  (my test-table's local IP address) for your 192.168.0.13, AND change {"data":{}} to data={} it now works!

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

Thanks Bruce,  Sorry I didnt see your comments (Been looking at the Reddit Pots) otherwise I would have helped you with the Issue.

I also now have a home automation setup working using Homeassistant where it can Change speed based on your presence or what track it is running (My setup speeds up to 100 when running erase and then goes back to normal when the erase finishes) you can also adjust the brightness of the light etc based on presence at home.  Ill start to build a document on Automation using Flic and then Home assistant if you think it would be useful for others (Dont want to step on any plans you may have for home automation in the future)

Cameron.

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

Sorry yes the App talks to the Sisyphus APIs on standard port 80 (Http default) even though the wen and app interface is on port 3001.  The Setup for the Set speed and brightness is better, I worked out the API calls better when I had a second look and had to post actual data to the APIs so play and pause using the Post data for the set brightness should work better.

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

Posted by: Robin

address set to

Unpause
Pause

I found the API Calls from watching the traffic from the Browser and Back Solving the API Calls,  the Calls are in comments on the Sisyphus Reddit page. Ill document them out when I get some time this week including the documentation to set this up in Home Assistant home automation platform.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@Cameron -

Thanks for the work you're doing on this. We've added API documentation to our dev's priority list, and with some pointers from him I was able to get my Flic button to control play/pause and brightness up/dn. Given the Flic is limited to three actions (click, double-click, and hold) I don't see it as the ideal controller for Sisyphus - but it has definitely fueled our desire to explore more ways to allow people to connect their tables to a range of IoT control schemes.

ReplyQuote
(@cameron-meindl)
Contributor

Great thanks Bruce, I agree,  the flic buttons I had on hand and was the first trial. Home Automation platforms like Home Assistant which I'm using now provides much more power,  Given you have your Devs working on formal Documentation I will try and throw together some rough details for early adopters to play with (And my home assistant configuration) and then they can be replaced by the more formal API Documentation when finished.

If your Devs are interested in Home Automation ill send you my Home Assistant config files to play with. Home assistant is a good open source home automation hub that you can run on a raspberry pi very comfortably.

Thanks for your support and feedback, It is great to have the creator of Sisyphus interested in the tinkering of a guy on the other side of the world.

Cameron.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop