New User - Table Troubleshooting

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@alex-hintz17)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello Sisyphus Community!

I recently was lucky enough to acquire a metal Sisyphus side table second hand from someone who used to work for the company. I've really been enjoying exploring how the table and interface work. However, the table has a few issues that I'm hoping someone could help me troubleshoot to get it working properly.

The first issue is that both of the white/RGB light strips aren't working properly under normal operating conditions. The linked picture shows how the lights typically look when the table is running: https://imgur.com/cncKDYw

At first I thought it was possibly just that the light strips were faulty or there was a bad connection somewhere. However after doing a factory reset of the table, while the table was going through the startup process all of the lights appeared to work (although briefly).  I managed to snap a few pictures during the boot up process: https://imgur.com/pcIKsJX https://imgur.com/9wAUKvJ

So just curious as to what could be causing the lights to not work normally while the table is running, but they appear to light up during the boot up process...

The second issue (which might be apparent by the previous photos) is that when drawing tracks, the ball will only move within a tighter radius near the center of the table, instead of using the entire available surface which appears to be standard. Here's one more photo after completion of running the "Erase" track: https://imgur.com/oVDmccU

This is as far out as the ball will move, regardless of the track. I have no idea what might be causing this and am not sure where to start.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could offer to help me resolve these issues. Thanks in advance!

(@bruce)
Admin

Hi @alex-hinz17,

Thanks for providing the pics -- very helpful. There appears to be two problems:

1. The colored lights aren't working right
  2. Tracks don't cover the sand field when played

1 - your pictures show two strips (one above the other). We have never shipped our tables with this configuration -- so either this is a DIY change made by the prior owner, or it was a beta table of one of our employees, from early trials of colored lighting in our shop. We can't provide a quick diagnosis or fix without further info.

2 - from your picture, your coffee table "thinks" it's an end table (smaller field). This should be easy to fix by changing the table's configuration. First, make sure your table is running the latest firmware by doing a firmware update (in settings). To change table configurations go to Settings > Advanced > tap 7 times on screen title “Advanced” to enter extended advanced mode. This will open access to “Sisyphus Settings” which will show a list of configurations - you want either "36 Coffee Table white lights" or "36 Coffee Table RGBW lights." Do not choose the "servo" options. Our configurations do not include running two separate strips. If your color strip includes white (RGBW vs RGB), it should work with the RGBW config file if the strip came from us. It is capable of providing white without the separate white strip. If that doesn't work, choose the "white" configuration. Either way, I recommend you contact our support team who can help you sort out what hardware you have (pictures of the underside of your table, showing the connectors from the lights to the circuit board will be important) -- support@sisyphus-industries.com.

ReplyQuote
(@alex-hintz17)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@bruce thanks a lot for the reply!

In regards to #1 - yes, if I remember right the person I acquired the table from did tell me that it is a beta/prototype table, as he used to work for Sisyphus.

For #2 - I appreciate the info and will give this a try and see how it works.

Later today or tomorrow I could take some pictures of the underside of the table and will definitely reach out to the support team regarding the light issue.

Thanks again! 

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop