Notifications
Clear all

New bee question

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jillbolshawgmail-com)
Topic starter  

Well, first off, perhaps “Newbee” should be a separate Forum? 🤪😵‍💫🤪. But back to my issue, there are enough things that I don’t understand that I think perhaps I’m missing some “Users Manual Once You Get Things Going”.   I have the Users Manual for the coffee table, (and Of Course love Sisy) but I’m still struggling with figuring out the online pieces.   So, what does “connections” mean, and what does it do?  And really, some tracks  run 2.5 DAYS at half-speed, or am I doing something wrong? What the heck does the microphone mean?  Being old, I hesitate to push buttons when I’m unsure of the result. (Did that once in my niece’s bathroom….  let’s just say it was too fancy for me.).  I could keep going, but truly think I’m just missing some manual or website connection that explains all the details and symbols.   Please fill me in!   Jill

(@bruce)
Admin

I can relate to being an "old newb" - but I have the advantage of being surrounded by much younger staff, who can guide me through the jungle of mobile app interfaces. We don't have a discrete "user manual" for the app, but there are lots of useful explanations on the support section on our site. In particular - it may be easier for you to become familiar with the app by connecting your computer to your table and using the browser version (which is for the most part identical to the mobile version). Instructions are on the lower half of the page here.

As for your specific questions, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "connections." While I'm pretty familiar with the app, I'm not sure where you are seeing this, and in what context. If you can post a screen shot it would be helpful. Also, Alex in support is a great resource and can guide you through the interface if you are stuck (I see you have interacted with her in the past). One central piece of advice - though all this feels intimidating at first, don't let it frustrate you. You'll get it over time, boulder by boulder....

ReplyQuote
(@jillbolshawgmail-com)
Topic starter  

Here’s a screenshot of the “connections” thing…

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Ah, that "connections". It refers to the connecting path that is required between the end of one track in a playlist, to the beginning of the next track. A brief "Connections 101":

• All tracks start and end at either the center (Rho = 0) or the edge (Rho = 1).
  • There are four possibilities: "00", "01", "10", and "11" - meaning a track starts at the center and ends at the center; a track starts at the center and ends at the edge; etc.
  • The app will try to make tracks in a playlist start the next tract without any connecting path. This is easy with 01 tracks and 10 tracks, because they can be reversed if needed. But reversing 00 and 11 tracks doesn't help.

So, if it's important to you that your playlists have no connecting paths (which look like a single arc between the edge and the center), then the app will show you if there's any connections, and you can manually change the order of tracks to get rid of connections.

There's more - (e.g. you can set 01 and 10 tracks to be non-reversible), but that's for another lesson :).

ReplyQuote
(@fortapsmkt)
Contributor

@bruce Nice

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop