Clear all

New User - Lots of issues

0 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
(@chadblackley)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I’m new so forgive my ignorance. I have all sorts of issues I need to address. My table appeared to update itself yesterday to ver  1.10.59. Since that time the table is malfunctioning. Both balls end up side by side in the center of the table or in one slot in the ballpark. This is even happened with the erase track(not a community track issue).

• Is 1.10.59 the most current firmware?
  • Where can I see firmware and app update details?
  • Can I opt not to update?
  • Anyone else? I read about several similar issues on this forum but none exactly the same

Unrelated questions-Suggestions (IOS)

• When browsing the tracks in IOS the UI is extremely sketchy. For example if I want to see what a community track looks like; open the thumbnail picture, after seeing it, the UI goes all the way back to the beginning main menu. So then you have re-open community tracks and scroll for 5 minutes to get back to where you were.
  • This may be my imagination but I think my table has lost a step in the short time I’ve owned it. It completed designs faster out of the box than it does a month later. I keep the table at full rabbit speed at all times.
  • Every time I’ve downloaded a track, the app says there was a problem with the download. Typically it downloads just fine, but the download failure message appears anyway.
  • Please categorized all the tracks into 1 and 2 ball categories
  • Please create some kind of organization to the track names, for example one artist starts every name with the letter X. The way the UI is setup this is extremely annoying.
  • I deleted the erase track from a playlist that I created and it deleted the erase track from all the playlist and I guess from the entire table. Had to manually add it back via a PC.

Despite my bitching I love my table

(@russelljdigi)
Contributor

Posted by: chadblackley

I’m new so forgive my ignorance. I have all sorts of issues I need to address. My table appeared to update itself yesterday to ver  1.10.59. Since that time the table is malfunctioning. Both balls end up side by side in the center of the table or in one slot in the ballpark. This is even happened with the erase track(not a community track issue).

• Is 1.10.59 the most current firmware?
  • Where can I see firmware and app update details?
  • Can I opt not to update?
  • Anyone else? I read about several similar issues on this forum but none exactly the same

Unrelated questions-Suggestions (IOS)

• When browsing the tracks in IOS the UI is extremely sketchy. For example if I want to see what a community track looks like; open the thumbnail picture, after seeing it, the UI goes all the way back to the beginning main menu. So then you have re-open community tracks and scroll for 5 minutes to get back to where you were.
  • This may be my imagination but I think my table has lost a step in the short time I’ve owned it. It completed designs faster out of the box than it does a month later. I keep the table at full rabbit speed at all times.
  • Every time I’ve downloaded a track, the app says there was a problem with the download. Typically it downloads just fine, but the download failure message appears anyway.
  • Please categorized all the tracks into 1 and 2 ball categories
  • Please create some kind of organization to the track names, for example one artist starts every name with the letter X. The way the UI is setup this is extremely annoying.
  • I deleted the erase track from a playlist that I created and it deleted the erase track from all the playlist and I guess from the entire table. Had to manually add it back via a PC.

Despite my bitching I love my table

I don't have much of a response on most of your points. I will say. decreasing and running my table at even 3/4 speed reduced some issues like balls going into the "ball park"

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@chadblackley -

Sorry for our app's rough edges, but appreciate the thorough feedback. Yes - 1.10.59 is the latest firmware, and it includes a number of new features (like the "Draw" utility, which is in the Library section), as well as bug fixes. I am forwarding your message to our dev team. They are working very concertedly to make the interface more streamlined, and nearly all of your issues are things that  are underway (and are working on the beta version we are internally testing). I concur with @russelljdigi about setting the speed lower. Speed choice is a personal decision, but generally, slower is better with regard to avoiding 2-ball errors, and lessening noise generation. I understand that it is frustrating dealing with imperfections - both software and hardware. But please remember that what we're trying to do is still quite new.  I very much appreciate that you love your table despite these temporary annoyances.

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

Hi Chad,

I'd like respond to all points here just so you and others are aware of where development is at.

• Is 1.10.59 the most current firmware? yes
  • Where can I see firmware and app update details? On firmware updates, this is not available but it is on our future feature list. On the app these details are in the respective app store.
  • Can I opt not to update? For the app this is a setting on your phone and not anything we can control. On the firmware, we do not auto update. However, a couple possible explanations occurred to me. When loading the app it always checks for an update and prompts you to update. Is it possible this was clicked through without fully reading? Are there any others in your residence connecting to the table that may have triggered an update inadvertently or otherwise?

• When browsing the tracks in IOS the UI is extremely sketchy. For example if I want to see what a community track looks like; open the thumbnail picture, after seeing it, the UI goes all the way back to the beginning main menu. So then you have re-open community tracks and scroll for 5 minutes to get back to where you were. This is fixed in the current mobile app.
  • in the short time I’ve owned it. It completed designs faster out of the box than it does a month later. I keep the table at full rabbit speed at all times. This could only happen if we changed the top speed with a firmware update. We have not adjusted this in the last two years
  • Every time I’ve downloaded a track, the app says there was a problem with the download. Typically it downloads just fine, but the download failure message appears anyway. Please try the latest mobile app that was released on Monday and let me know if you still see this.
  • Please categorized all the tracks into 1 and 2 ball categories. The info already exists for this but we haven't exposed it in the mobile app. It will be in a near future update when we complete the logic, but it probably won't be as categories in community. 1 or 2 ball function can be a subjective call. Some tracks (representative type) just don't look good in 2 ball mode but all other types are a personal preference. Also, all tracks fit in the 1 ball category and can be played with 2 balls even if they don't look good.
  • Please create some kind of organization to the track names, for example one artist starts every name with the letter X. The way the UI is setup this is extremely annoying. This is in active development and will likely be in the next mobile update. There will also be support for curated playlist downloads.
  • I deleted the erase track from a playlist that I created and it deleted the erase track from all the playlist and I guess from the entire table. Had to manually add it back via a PC. This is a use and UI issue. You can click a track and expand from anywhere and then select delete. This will remove it completely. To remove a track from a playlist you need to open the playlist and select the edit icon in the top right. You then hit the minus icon to the right of the track to remove it from the playlist. I'm going to update the alert text on delete to make it more clear.

Thank you for your feedback and please share any further issues, feedback, concerns or otherwise. We are working hard to make the best possible user experience.

Micah Roth, COO

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by MicahR

ReplyQuote
(@chadblackley)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the responses, the UI has definitely improved with the latest update. 

ReplyQuote
(@albert)
Contributor

Can you put Erase (and Attach/Detach) in the community apps so we can get them back if we accidentally delete them?  Or make them lockable or undeleteable or something?

Florent reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deman-florent)
Contributor

Hello,

Also, I am a new user and haven't the Attach/Detach maps on my library and cannot find them on the community.

Can you please advise?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop