skip to Main Content
Looking for some ex...

Notifications
Clear all

Looking for some experienced users' advice.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeremytreat)
Contributor
Topic starter  

A couple of questions I've had since getting my table a few weeks ago.

2-ball:  What tracks do you like to use?  I've tried a few, and they either look terrible on 2-ball, or the 2nd ball skips track & just attaches to the main ball.  I've tried several, can't seem to find any that I think actually look good with 2-ball running.

Raking:  How often do you have to rake sand back to the middle?  I run my table most of the day, and I usually have to do it every couple of days to keep any sand depth.

Death Star:  I posted this elsewhere, but if anyone could make a Death Star track, I might be father of the year.  I've tried a few times with the apps available.  Nothing looks that great.  

(@dithermaster)
Contributor

I run 2-ball frequently; I have Attach and Detach in my main playlist so it's kind of random. Yes, some tracks are not ideal in 2-ball mode. There is a flag for this, but the table does not use it yet. On my 2' side table I've never had lost ball or attached-to-main. The only problem I have is that after a while Detach stops working due to sand build-up in the ball park, so I have to manually clear that. I'm wondering if maybe you have too much sand on your table. Did you use all of it, or about half-ish (we didn't use all the sand that came with the table).

ReplyQuote
(@jeremytreat)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Sand depth could be part of it.  I've been running 2 ball for the last couple of days straight to see when it happens.  It's usually on tracks that have deeper areas in the pattern.  Took out a little sand, I had originally put in maybe 2/3 of the bag.  Seems to help.

ReplyQuote
(@chadblackley)
Contributor

You may want to consider limiting your 2 ball runs to tracks that are symmetric 360°. Tracks that are asymmetric are best suited for 1 ball mode. IMO all tracks look better in one ball mode. I also think less sand is better. After some experimenting I settled around 15-16oz (1  1/4 of  2 bags) on a three footer. 

After my initial honeymoon period with my table was over I changed how I used the table good bit. Now a typically playlist looks like this: 1) attach 2) erase 3) detach 4) track of choice 5) see step 1 or play a track over a track. That method will eliminate most ball displacement issues. There are certain tracks that will push the sand to the edges and others that pull it back to the center. Slowing the balls a little may help as well. There's a troubleshooting learning curve, running your table as much as are you, you've have it worked out pretty quickly. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by chadblackley

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop