Clear all

Pro tip for displaced balls

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chadblackley)
Contributor
Topic starter  

A magnet is very helpful when repositioning misplaced balls. I use a magnet with 140 lbs staying power on the 3 foot table and it works great. I wouldn't recommend using anything stronger as you risk breaking your glass. I'm also not sure if the glass thickness is universal on all the tables, so experiment at your own risk. It's a wonderful tool though, saves a lot of time and hassle. I use this one: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CTD41Y8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

(@bruce)
Admin

@chadblackley - Thanks for sharing this tip. I've known about (and used) this technique for some time, but haven't advised it publicly for the reasons you allude to: If you use too strong a magnet, the ball could break the glass. I would advise putting a cloth napkin or kitchen towel between the magnet and the glass - both to avoid scratching it, and to "dial in" the pull force (start with the cloth folded with several layers under the magnet, and keep reducing the layers until the ball just barely jumps up to the magnet).

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop