Clear all

Consistent trouble playing Reuleaux_tight

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I've encountered this problem on multiple occasions now.  Basically, I have a Favorites playlist that I typically have on shuffle.  Whenever community track "Reuleaux_tight" by dbullardWebcenter attempts to play, the table gets stuck going back and forth on a partial "coarse erase" and eventually just tracing a circle (not spiral) along the outside edge of that spiral.  During this time, the ETA progress bar for the track in the app will often show either 0 time elapsed and 0 time remaining, or else get stuck at a separate point in time, e.g. 1:37:20 elapsed and 35+ hours remaining, with neither of those figures changing as time goes on.

I have the 36" 2-ball RGBLED Coffee Table running firmware 1.10.73.  Below is a photo of what the table looks like when it gets stuck doing this.  In this specific case, the table had just previously finished playing "goulet_cirstar5a_ee" by goulet.  As shown below, a very coarse erase spiral has been drawn over it.  At the time of the first photo below, the ball had just finished working clockwise from center to reach the outer tip of the displayed spiral and had begun to work backwards.  At the time of the second photo, the ball had begun drawing a continuous circle (not spiral) around the outside edge, working clockwise, opposite the direction of the originally drawn spiral.  If you follow the spiral from center outward tracing its clockwise path, you can see where the paths "converge", which is the point where the ball switched to getting stuck in a counterclockwise loop.

(@dithermaster)
Contributor

Mine has done this a few time, notably with some tracks I've designed myself which used to play fine. For me, it's two arcs, one in, one out. It appears to be a new bug. I recently talked to HQ about it and they are aware of it, and it's already fixed in their internal beta version. When that releases, the bug will be fixed.

To get it to stop looping, I went to Library, Playlists, Default Playlist, and hit the Shuffle button. A power cycle does not fix it because it tries to continue from where it was, and just ends up doing the same arc loop.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by dithermaster

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop