Notifications
Clear all

3D Printed Glass Bumper Clips

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffv)
Topic starter  

I've had the same issue of many of us, constantly cleaning smeared gunk off the table and rim.

Adding insult to injury, the bumpers sold in the store are pretty expensive at $1 each ($8/set of 8).

While Sisyphus is "looking into a better solution" (2.3 years ago) and this issue keeps coming up, I designed a 3D-printable clip to hold aftermarket bumpers in place along the rim.

I'm using the "50 pcs 8.5mm X 2.5mm special shape" bumpers from this $9 318 piece set. These bumpers are $9 for 50 ($0.17 each, or $0.03 each if you include the value of the other bumpers included).

It takes about 18 minutes to print 6 of them on my printer. I printed them in black PLA-CF. They will be a little tight when you re-insert the wood ring. I was just able to press-fit them with the thinner side between the inner surface of the rim and the wood ring. I have the 36" Black Metal Coffee Table version.

Here are .stl, .3mf, and Fusion model files. If you don't have a 3D printer, you could get them made on CraftCloud or another 3D printing service. Consider FDM (traditional 3D printing) for lowest cost, or choose SLS PA6 black nylon for strength.

They slightly degrade the aesthetics, but not as much as perpetual gunk smeared everywhere.

Please note I just made these tonight and haven't battle tested their durability. Maybe I'll report back in a few months after my family gives the table typical abuse from moving it and putting their feet on it. ("I SAID NO FEET ON THE GLASS!")

Topic Tags
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop