skip to Main Content
Request: Night Shif...

Notifications
Clear all

Request: Night Shift (white color temp based on time)

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

On my smartphones and laptops I've really come to like the dynamic color temperature feature that causes the display to use a warmer color temperature at night, based on the sunset and sunrise times of the current day at your location. I was wondering if something similar could be implemented for the White lighting mode on the Sisyphus tables. I've found that I like the coolest setting during the day and prefer the warmer setting at night. Sisyphus clearly already knows the current time at my location even though I never had to specify a time zone -- I'm guessing IP-based geolocation? -- so querying sunset and sunrise times would seem to be only one small additional step.

Then it would just be a matter of implementing a color temperature change "ramp" over a period of time around sunset and sunrise. Perhaps the coolest and warmest temperatures and the transition period could be user-configurable, but even this were implemented such that the table switched between the coolest and warmest temp over a period of a few seconds at sunset and sunrise when White lighting was selected and Night Shift was enabled, that would be handy.

(@bruce)
Admin

This is an interesting suggestion. I will pass it along to our dev team and see what they say in terms of difficulty (or not) to implement.

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

Interesting idea. My first RGBW LED project did that -- aquarium lights. They use a RTC to know what time of day it is (which the table also knows).

Pictures

Slides

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop