USB WiFi with external antenna

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@claudio)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello All,

I will be placing my metal coffee table inside a full metal enclosure and would like to find out what USB WiFi device is supported.  I need to have an external antenna as after placing the table inside the enclosure I'm sure I will have zero WiFi signal from the built in WiFi.

Thanks

(@micahr)
Admin

Hi Claudio,

See this article for our recommended adapter. There a number of others that may work but we've tested and pre-installed drivers for the Edimax AC600 adapter. For anything else, you may need to be familiar with linux command line to get it up and running. If you have any difficulties setting this up, reach out to support and we'll help you get up and running.

We'd love to see pictures of your table when it's installed!

Micah

This post was modified 4 years ago by MicahR

ReplyQuote
(@claudio)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info Micah,

As it turns out I did not need the external antenna after all.   See attached the pictures of what the table looks like after some small modifications :).  It almost looks like my coffee table and the Sisyphus metal coffee table were made to be together.

If anyone is interested in the coffee table it's called "Bernhardt Decorage Square Cocktail Table"

This post was modified 4 years ago 6 times by claudio

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor

If what you did was set the Sisyphus table on top of the coffee table by slotting the legs of the former into the grooves of the latter, then it is worth noting that the wireless signals can pass through the top of the table, through the sand field and the glass; and not simply the sides or the bottom.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop