Clear all

Lost Connectivity after the Iphone app flashed table

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Table was working out of the box, until I used the app to update the firmware.

Table: Mini ES
iphone App Version: 1.10.25
Action: Updated the firmware

From this point on, I've not been able to connect to my table again.

Bluetooth: Enabled
Wi-Fi: sysphus

The connection reports No Internet and constantly spins, never connecting.

I can force it to connect by changing the Configure IP from Automatic to Manual.  But it requires an IP address and I don't have the IP address of my table.

I've hooked up the table to a USB hub, monitor and keyboard and I can now see the Raspberry pie loading screen.  But it ends with a Linux login prompt and I was not given that information.

Unable to get any information out of Linux until I can get past the login.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by jeff.crawford.007

(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Sorry the WiFi was named Sisyphus-Jeff.  Everything else was correct.

I've also tried connecting to Sisyphus-Jeff on my iphone and entering 192.168.41.1 in a browser on that phone and that IP doesn't resolve.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Sorry you're having connectivity problems. I've relayed this to our dev team, and you should hear back shortly. Please also contact our support team: 

https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

Posted by: jeff.crawford.007

Sorry the WiFi was named Sisyphus-Jeff.  Everything else was correct.

I've also tried connecting to Sisyphus-Jeff on my iphone and entering 192.168.41.1 in a browser on that phone and that IP doesn't resolve.

Jeff,

The IP address you typed here is one number off. It should be 192.168.42.1 when connected to the table's own wifi network. 

As for your app, when you say it says "No Internet" is that the phone's OS telling you that, or is it the black screen that says "Waiting for Wifi Connection..."?

Thanks,

Matt 

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Iphone Xs version 13.5.1

Iphone > Settings > Wi-Fi > Select: Sisyphus-Jeff (Which appears in the list of available Wi-Fi networks)

With Configure IP set to Automatic

"No Internet Connection" is reported and the Wi-Fi never finishes connecting to the table.  The wheel continuously spins.  But I do get assigned an IP address.
IP Address: 169.254.51.61
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

With the IP Configuration set to Manual
This was working before, but now it wont let me save the updates.

The Sisyphus app is stuck at "Waiting for WiFi Connection..." and never does anything else, even after being left open and next to the table for several minutes.

I tried the IP addresses 192.168.42.1 and 169.254.51.1 in the browser, while trying to be connected to the Sisyphus-Jeff Wi-Fi and they do not resolve either.

This post was modified 4 years ago by jeff.crawford.007

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

Great info. By the IP address I can tell that it is having issues with getting the wifi network set up on the OS level. 

While your table is running, manually hold the button on the Reset Button for 3 seconds. This FAQ page has an image of where to find the button: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035863151-Hard-reset-for-tables-with-reset-button Don't follow the directions on that page, as that will do a hard reset removing your old settings/tracks/etc.

The red light should flash 3 times when successful. After this, the correct Sisyphus-Jeff hotspot network should appear.

If that doesn't work, then we may need to escalate the recovery process to the article above.

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi, I tried the suggested process, including the hard reset option, twice; and it doesn't seem to have helped.

With the hard reset, I got the flashing LED, it went through short boot/reset and then went back to the normal boot process.  But nothing seemed to have changed.  The wi-fi name is still Sisyphus-Jeff and my phone is registering the same prior IP address of 169.254.51.61 and wont connect to the table.

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Is there any additional information I can provide to help bring this to resolution?

I'm going to see if I can record the reset/reboot process to see if that scrolling text gives yall any more information.

Also is there any other restore process I can try?  I have an expensive toy that I used all of 10 times before being updated that essentially bricked it.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Rest assured that if all else fails, we will send out a new SD card, which will definitely fix it.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Matt relayed that an SD card change is the next step. If you are willing / able,  here are the instructions for re-imaging:  https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004729932-Steps-to-re-image-your-Sisyphus-SD-card

Otherwise, we will ship one out - please contact our support team: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

(If a new SD card doesn't work it suggests something wrong with the Pi's radio,and we will ship out a replacement Sisbot to swap in).

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-crawford-007)
Contributor
Topic starter  

This corrected my problem.  Thank you so very much!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop