Clear all

Cannot connect to Sisyphus wifi, fails to find ip

13 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@finntoogood)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi Bruce/Sisyphus team. I just unboxed my Sisyphus mini and I cannot connect to its wifi host to set it up on my home wifi. I have tried with 3 phones, a tablet, a Mac and a windows computer and none have worked. Phones get stuck on obtaining up address and computers if they do say they are connected, will not load 192.168.42.1:3001. I have tried restarting it 3 times aswell as blowing dust from shipping off the boards inside.

When it arrived one of the stepper plugs was disconnected however I fixed this before plugging it in. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Finn

This topic was modified 3 years ago by finntoogood

(@bruce)
Admin

Hi @Finn,

Sorry for the connectivity troubles (and the loose connector, glad you were able to spot it!). We've had some reports of what you described, and our dev is working on it (connectivity problems our are number one challenge). We have a support meeting tomorrow morning (dev included) and will discuss this. We will get your Mini connected - thanks for your patience.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@finntoogood

Hot off the press: The bug causing this has been fixed in the most recent firmware update - which doesn't help in your situation. However, you should be able to fix the "zombie hotspot" by resetting your Sisbot. To do this, while powered up, hold the button on the Raspberry Pi "hat" (small piggy-back board on the green circuit board) for ~5 sec. After releasing, it should reboot and the hotspot be reachable. Once connected to your WiFi, you can then update. Let me know if this doesn't work.

ReplyQuote
(@antoine-bertout)
Contributor

Posted by: Bruce

@finntoogood

Hot off the press: The bug causing this has been fixed in the most recent firmware update - which doesn't help in your situation. However, you should be able to fix the "zombie hotspot" by resetting your Sisbot. To do this, while powered up, hold the button on the Raspberry Pi "hat" (small piggy-back board on the green circuit board) for ~5 sec. After releasing, it should reboot and the hotspot be reachable. Once connected to your WiFi, you can then update. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Hello and thanks for sharing this tip. I have just received my Mini Executive and found exact similar issue. I am going to test this possible fix now and let you know

UPDATE: this is indeed fixing this IP issue. I was not able to connect at the first reboot. For some reason, once connected to the hotspot, when trying to connect to my Internet it did not find my router at the beginning. I had to reboot once again and forget all previous connections to then be able to reconnect to the hotspot and find my router in a list.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by antoine.bertout

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@antoine-bertout - thanks for the report. Sorry for the inconvenience - it's fixed now and shouldn't be an issue for future new owners.

ReplyQuote
(@nguyenbachngoc1992)
Contributor

hi Bruce, i had a similar problem like finn, i’m not good at english so please check the attach file photo is more easy to describe, please help me to fix it. My sisyphus is mini es btw

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Here are the instructions:
While powered up, hold the button on the Raspberry Pi "hat" (small piggy-back board on the green circuit board) for ~5 sec. After releasing, it should reboot and the hotspot be reachable. Once connected to your WiFi, you can then update. Let me know if this doesn't work.

And here is the guide for doing the reset.

ReplyQuote
(@nguyenbachngoc1992)
Contributor

Sisyphus hotspot are reachable but the problem is how can i update while the app can’t connect to wifi, anythings work fine acept the firmware update. Inconclude i can control the table but no wifi connection as the internet 

This post was modified 3 years ago by nguyenbachngoc1992

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

I will assume you tried more than once? (The screen you show happens when you enter the wrong  or mis-typed password.) If you're sure that you entered it correctly, but still cannot connect, this will take some more troubleshooting. Please start a ticket on our support desk -- rest assured, they will get you connected!

ReplyQuote
(@nguyenbachngoc1992)
Contributor

I will try on support deck, thank you:)

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mzats)
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem (I can connect to the sisyphus network on my laptop but there is not response at http://192.168.42.1:3001/) on the sisbot you just sent me, but I have the end table, not the mini, so I don't believe there's a reset button I can push. What should I do?

Thanks,

Misha

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@mzats - Just discussed your issue during our weekly support meeting. Couple questions: Despite being unable to connect, is the table running? Do you have RGBW lighting? If yes, then you definitely have a reset button - on the small "piggyback" circuit board attached to the Raspberry Pi (green circuit board). If no reset button, we suspect your firmware is corrupted - the fix being either re-imaging your SD card, or if you prefer, we will send out replacement. Here are the directions for re-imaging the card. Or please contact our support desk if you prefer the SD card to be sent out.

ReplyQuote
(@mzats)
Contributor

Re-imaging the card fixed it, thanks!

To answer your questions: I do not have rgbw lighting. When I wasn't able to connect the table was still running.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop