Notifications
Clear all

New tool for creating simple algorithmic tracks

0 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@acupofmud)
Contributor

When using Sandify, what max radius should I use for my 3' table?

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

Sisyphus tables use radius = 1.0 for all sizes. So probably "1.0". Then again, I have not exported tracks from that tool so I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffeb3)
Contributor

@acupofmud, On sandify, with the thr output, whatever you put in will be normalized to 1.0, so you can put in whatever size you want. If it helps, 1.5feet is about 450mm, so for a good visualization, I would put in 450. If you want the pattern to look bigger without editing the pattern settings, then you can set the table dimensions smaller, and it will still normalize to 1.0.

ReplyQuote
(@omairkha)
Contributor

Hi everyone, I came across a thread on Reddit talking about a possible SisyphusForTheRestOfUs v2 about a year ago. ( https://www.reddit.com/r/SisyphusIndustries/comments/8aq8cr/sisyphusfortherestofus_v2/

But I couldn't find any more details and the thread has been locked. I tried messaging markyland but have not heard back from him. Anyone know if v2 is available or what the status is? 

I love the result of SisyphusForTheRestOfUs but the erase track that it adds at the front is very slow and it would be nice to be able to not have the erase at all (which was supposed to be one of the features of v2)

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
Topic starter  

Markyland hasn't yet released a v2 of SFTROUS. But you can easily edit the tracks it creates to remove the pre-erase. Open the *.thr file in a text editor. Erase the first two lines, which will look like:

0 0

0 0

Then save the file with a different name (if you want to keep the original). The track will then skip the erase and start at Rho = 1 (the outer edge). 

ReplyQuote
(@omairkha)
Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the tip! Greatly appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop