Clear all

Track Repository

13 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
(@mazdog)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hey gang, finally poking around in here and i don't see a place that has all the custom track in one spot, i assume something may be in the works....in the meantime maybe everyone who has made track and made them available can post in here with the location/site to get the tracks....its a start! And i am constantly looking for more new ones.....

(@ndhutchison)
Contributor

All the tracks I've made to date are here:  thejuggler.net/sisyphus

ReplyQuote
(@toddgneville2)
Contributor

Just found the repository located here:  bit.ly/SisyphusPublicDesigns

Are there directions somewhere for uploading and using these designs?

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor

@toddgneville2

1. On a computer, download the .THR file(s) that you want to play as a track on your Sisyphus table.  You may want to create a dedicated folder for these.  You can also download any PNG, JPEG, or GIF images of the track(s) for your convenience, but these are not necessary for the table.
  2. If you are connecting to your Sisyphus table using a web browser on your computer, skip to Step 5.  Otherwise, proceed to Step 2.
  3. With your Sisyphus app on a mobile device, open the Settings menu item at the bottom.  Select Advanced, then note the Sisyphus URL in the second row.
  4. In a web browser on your computer, enter the URL exactly as it appears.  You should see the Sisyphus table control interface similar to what is shown in the Sisyphus app on a mobile device.
  5. In the web browser interface for the Sisyphus table, select Settings > Advanced > Upload Track.  This will prompt you to choose a file to upload to the table.
  6. Select a single .THR file that you have downloaded, then confirm the upload with the blue button "Upload Track(s)."  Presently, I recommend uploading only one track at a time.
  7. Wait for the table to process the track before doing anything else.  This can take a minute or two, so be patient, especially for some tracks with large file size.
  8. Now that the track is uploaded, you should be able to use either interface to play it directly, or add it to a playlist.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@heropup - as always, thanks for jumping in with a thorough explanation. Clearly, we have some work to do to make the process easier (we are working on it).

@toddgneville2 - just to be sure, heropup's instruction #2 means there is NO way to do it using your mobile app - web browser only, for now.

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor

I seem to have created an infinite loop in my earlier instructions... I meant to say in step 2,  “otherwise, skip to Step 3.”  I didn’t think I’d have to debug my forum posts too... ???? 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@ heropup - 

I didn't think it was a bug! I thought you were being clever/funny - (pointedly) pointing out that the ONLY way to upload tracks to the table now is via web browser. 

Now that a I read it again, I see. <sigh>  (I couldn't resist that infinite loop!).

My bad - other than a minor typo, you were spot on. Apologies.

I'm just sensitive right now, seeing how hard people are trying, and how hard we are making it (but not on purpose). It will get better.

Bruce

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor

Hi Bruce,

This has turned quite amusing, since my post was meant to be self-deprecating, not a commentary on what I am only now realizing was a rather clever interpretation of my mistake!

In any case, for my part at least--and I'm sure for many other Sisyphus table owners--I don't mind the current uploading process at all.  We are all confident that there will be continued improvements, and your tireless dedication is deeply appreciated by the entire community.

ReplyQuote
(@shawcago1)
Contributor

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to design new tracks and share them with the rest of the Sisyphus community. I've been  trying them out, and each one is a real treat. Keep 'em coming!

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@shawcago - I deeply second that!

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

You are welcome. I enjoyed making the tracks I made. Maybe now that winter has arrived here I'll have time to make some more!

bryshome reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bryshome)
Contributor

Is there a maximum storage capacity for uploads to the table? I get a "could not make request" error message after uploading 3 designs from the Dropbox share site. I even waited for it to complete a track and enter a pause. 

*many thanks to the contributing artists and I hope I get the kinks worked out so I can see your creations!

This post was modified 5 years ago by bryshome

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

It's not due to storage space. Many people upload many dozen if not a hundred tracks. Paths are small, storage is large. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop