Clear all

Feature request

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Can we have a script that parks the main ball in the right-hand ballpark and attaches the tail ball to the head magnet? (And of course another that returns the table to its initial state...)

I'd very much like to see some patterns drawn with the tail ball, and a script will save the ordeal of hoisting and replacing the glass, which is challenging on the 3 foot table. 

(@bruce)
Admin

You can create custom "head ball detach" and attach tracks - but you will need to fully understand how Sisyphus' polar mechanism works, and the thr file format. You can see the normal at/detach tracks written out in the *.cson file which has the configuration for your 2-ball enabled table or Mini. Recall that the tail-ball is always located at the head-ball's Theta + Pi, and 1 - head-ball's Rho.  From there you should be able to figure out the analogous head ball parking tracks.

However - we are not recommending doing so. I was initially excited when I discovered the ability to add 2-ball function, and the way it can produce very nice patterns with some algorithmic tracks. And the ball park is designed symmetrically because head-ball parking was planned. But we've recently stopped shipping with 2-ball mode, and are moving away from offering upgrade kits. The reason: it's become a support nightmare, despite our concerted attempts to make it reliable. The issue is that very small position errors and/or sand buildup in the park eventually caused parking errors (either two balls on one magnet, or both balls in the same park). This requires removing the glass - which is not at all fun for our larger tables.

One thought, if your goal is mainly to see the tail-ball plot of a track, is to create a simple program that converts normal thr files to what the tail-ball would be plotting - namely, just replace each Rho value in the file with 1 - Rho. (You can add Pi to each Theta, but all that does is rotate the plot 180 degrees.)

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Ooops...that's almost all I need. What's the path to the *.cson file?

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@Bruce, can I have the SSH credentials? (Please use the email address in my account info...). Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Sure! (done)

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop