Clear all

Could I get credit for my track.

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@pzcisco)
Contributor
Topic starter  
A new playlist created, and I was excited to see my track listed, but when I look it has someone els e name. This person didn't even bother to rename the the track. Could I get the proper credit?

Topic Tags
(@pzcisco)
Contributor
Topic starter  
A new playlist was created for March by Sisyphus, 
and I was excited to see my track listed, but when
I look it has someone else name. This person didn't even bother
to rename the the track. Could I get the proper credit?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Not our intent. Looking into it, will get back to you...

ReplyQuote
(@pzcisco)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

OK - talked it over with our staff and we've decided the following:

1. Your original track (with credits) will be swapped into the March playlist
  2. The copy will be deleted
  3. Our dev team is going to create an automated filter that will check newly uploaded tracks against existing - and disallow if duplication is detected

This hasn't been a common problem - but I understand how it feels to be copied without attribution. Our current process of vetting is simply a check for file compatibility and screening for objectionable content - which is why this and other duplications would be missed. Of course, things may get thorny and complicated - the track we're talking about is a reproduction of a video game character, probably made using SFTROU. As more people join in creating and sharing tracks, such issues are bound to arise. I encourage input from the Community to guide the evolution of how to handle such matters.

pzcisco reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pzcisco)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thank you again. I understand how it will be complicated, just this was just a blatant copy because of the file name. I'll be uploading additional works I have created to the community.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop