Clear all

Offset bug-like event

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

When I build a 10 track that features an X or Y offset, so that the end position is not at rho=O, and I run Erase as the next track, it begins with an audible "clunk", and occasionally the ball describes an eccentric circle, or describes the same circle twice, before running to completion. The "clunk" is disturbing. Any theories?

(@bruce)
Admin

I'd need more info to be sure, but from your description, it sounds like the erase did not start from home (Rho = 0). The "clunk" might be the Rho axis running to its end of travel (which causes no harm, but sounds bad). I'm also guessing you are built the offset track using Sandify (which has an XY offset function)? All valid Sisyphus tracks must be "conformal" - meaning start and end points must be have Rho = 0 or 1. Our software should auto-correct any non-conformal tracks, but maybe there is something about your track causes this to fail. It would ideal if you could DM the track file so we can take a look at it. Also - if you are using Sandify, don't forget to choose to force the end points to either "center" or "perimeter" (after choosing "polar machine".

ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Your conjecture was accurate: the tracks in question were 10 (outside-in) from Sandify, and I neglected to set the end point to center.  Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop