Clear all

Night mode

0 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lealittlefiele90)
Contributor
Topic starter  
I have my night mode on for 9 pm-5 am and it turns off during the day. Not understanding why it does this? I’ve tried different hours as well and still does not turn off for the time I would like it too. Is this happening with anyone else’s table???

(@bruce)
Admin

@lealittlefiele90 - Hmmm, I'm not sure why it would do that either. I believe the program running on the table obtains current time from your phone, when you first connect to it. Are you using your phone to connect, or just the web browser interface?

ReplyQuote
(@lealittlefiele90)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I connected it to my tablet 

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

Hello,

Bruce is correct, the table pulls time when connecting with the mobile app. The current implementation of night mode is less than ideal and will be improved as we continue develeopment. Here’s a list of caveats to keep in mind:

• Time is updated when connected to the mobile app.
  • Unplugging the table will cause the clock to stop. On re-power the clock will start where it left off. You’ll need to connect with the mobile app to update the time.
  • Connecting with a browser will not update. I have to double check with my dev on this but I’m pretty sure this is correct. If you’re using a browser on you tablet this may be why the time on your table is incorrect.

When we improve this functionality it will:

• Update time when connected to the bb. mobile app, browser or WiFi with internet access.
  • This means as long as the table is connected to your home WiFi it will keep accurate time even if you power cycle it.

We’re working on many updates to the app so I don’t have a date of when this will improve, but it is on our list and we’re doing everything possible to expedite develeopment.

Please let me know if this is helpful or it’s still not operating correctly.

Micah

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-laine)
Contributor

Although I disable the "enable light mode" option, my table wakes up every morning. When I uncheck it, go back to "settings" and return to the "night mode" again, it is still checked.

I have the 1.10.31 firmware version and an iPhone.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks for this bug report - I will relay it to our devs...

Update: The bug has been fixed and will be pushed to the Google Play and Apple App stores in the next day or two.

ReplyQuote
(@info3)
Contributor

Hi, since the most recent updates, night mode doesn't seem to work on my table. It just stays on all the time unless I manually tell it to sleep. 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

We'll need more info to track this down. Please contact support here, which is best place to do this. 

ReplyQuote
(@info3)
Contributor

Thanks Bruce, i've submitted a support request. Hopefully it's an easy fix

ReplyQuote
(@shannon)
Contributor

@Bruce - I am having similar issues where regardless of the schedule I provide, the table does not follow it.  I've rebooted the table, rebooted my phone, turned Night Mode off, Saved, Turned back on, Saved and no go.

Likewise, I've noticed when I turn the feature back on, it is defaulting to an On time of 10am and an Off time of 8am...  I started noticing the issue right around the Daylight Savings time change, whether it is connected or not. 

Sometimes, it almost looks as if the app is throwing an error when going to the Night Mode screen, but it is quickly covered by the normal app page.

I submitted a request, 7325, through Support.  Likewise, I provided some screenshots from the app showing the strange default time settings.

Thanks,

Shannon

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@shannon-pruittul-com - Thanks for the report. I sent it along to our devs, and they believe that have it fixed. Will come out in the next firmware update.

ReplyQuote
(@banchefski)
Contributor

Shannon,

I have the same issue(s) with night mode... I look forward to getting it fixed, as I like turning the table off and on automatically.

best,

rob 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop