Clear all

Feature Request - Erase Between Tracks

26 Posts
14 Users
15 Likes
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Click on any track and scroll down to the bottom. You should see “Erase Before Playing” just above Delete. 

Jim S reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mrwizardusa)
Contributor

@apisdorf,

To me this isn't the same feature as you originally requested.  What I thought you wanted was a global setting to always erase before draw.  The current function works, but I thougt your original request was a nice option.

@mrwizardusa

ReplyQuote
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@thewizard Agreed; this is not precisely what I requested but it gets the job done. Much better than better. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

This feature is still there - just a little non-intuitively placed. The "erase before track" option acts on the track level, meaning you need to set it for each track you want it to affect (there is no global setting that adds it for every track). To do this, got to Library > Tracks. Scroll or search for the track you want to apply this to, and hit the 3 dots to the right of it. This will bring up a list of options (like reversible, fixed orientation, etc.). Erase before track is there. Once checked, an erase will precede this track when played as a single or in a playlist. To cancel it, you repeat the above steps and uncheck this option.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffv)

I really appreciate this feature. I also really like the community playlists, especially the staff picks ones. 

I’m curious why the staff picks and social holiday playlists from Sisyphus inject explicit erasers instead of enabling this option when needed?

Our family loves the setting to “Pause between tracks / restart after 1Hr” so we can enjoy the finished look, but we spend a lot of time staring at erasers (especially when there’s a double erase to prevent a connection line).

Speaking of, this might be a bit more playlist code, but it would also be lovely if reversible erasers in a playlist could go ahead and be smart enough to inject a connection line before themselves if needed, to prevent a connection line after. This way there’s never a need for a double erase.

ReplyQuote
(@mrwizardusa)
Contributor

So I turned this feature on and within about three tracks all my sand was pushed to the outer edge.  Now, I don't know if this is because I was playing a lot of community drawings that also had erases in them or what.  Either way, I turned the feature back off.  I'm not sure what the answer is.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop