Clear all

Feature Request - Erase Between Tracks

26 Posts
14 Users
15 Likes
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I would love to see a new feature in the app to allow for an erase to occur between tracks. I would set it up as a checkbox just like the pause between tracks.  I would think it should be configured so the erase occurs before a new track is started so that the pause between tracks would occur after the previous track completes but not also after the erase occurs.

I would also suggest that you allow the user to select the track they want to use for the erase. For instance, I like to use spmrph1r for erases rather than the actual Erase track. 

This functionality would make a big difference to me because I like seeing each pattern without the previous pattern underneath it. And setting that up now would require creating a playlist with an erase track between each actual track. That would be painful to create. It would also mean that a pause between tracks would pause both before and after the erase. 

What do you think?

(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thoughts?  

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Sorry for the delay - it's a good idea, and feasible. But given current events and its effect on everything, including our staffing, we won't be able to address additions to the app for a bit. Looking forward to when things are normal enough for us to be able to tackle options like your request.

rlawrence reacted
ReplyQuote
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Bruce,

Of course I understand.  Thank you for your response.

Jordan

ReplyQuote
(@jeffh46)
Contributor

Yes, 100% agree with this.

I think I used to have the ability to move tracks around in my playlists as well as had to copy/paste 'erase' every time I added a new track so it would start with a clean slate. Now I can't seem to do that anymore so an auto erase between tracks would be the best choice.

Any update on this?

thx

jEFf

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

I will discuss this with our dev team. It's certainly feasible, but might be complicated by the fact that some tracks  will require two erases between them to prevent a "connector arc" between them.

ReplyQuote
(@gliebig)
Contributor

I would love an easy erase between tracks.  Love starting a new design with a clean slate. 

ReplyQuote
(@irieblue2808)
Contributor

I  love the idea of erase between tracks and even double erase or erase 1 to 0.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Create a text file with the following lines:

#force erase from edge to center

0 0
0 1
628.32 0

Save it as "erase2center.thr" or whatever you want as long as it has the ".thr". Upload to your table via the app on your computer browser.  This track will always erase to the center. The downside is that it will make a straight line first, from center to edge, and if the prior track ends at the edge, it will add an arc to the center before that. It will also be slow compared to the normal erase. (We are working on a nicer solution.)

ReplyQuote
(@rsella)
Contributor

Definitely Agree! This feature would be fantastic!

ReplyQuote
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  
@Bruce:  Is there any update regarding making this feature request a reality?

ReplyQuote
(@reggity)
Contributor

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer. but how does one upload the file mentioned above "to your table via the app on your computer browser."?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

To use our app using a web browser, follow the directions here, under the part at the bottom of the page - If you've already connected to Sisyphus and it's on your home WiFi:

• Make sure your Sisyphus is on and running
  • Open the mobile app on your phone and navigate to settings>advanced. Take note of the IP address there
  • Open a browser and enter the URL: {your Sisyphus's IP address}:3001 e.g. 192.168.1.23:3001

Then, using the web-app, you will find "Upload file" under Settings > Advanced settings.

ReplyQuote
(@sag627)
Contributor

Agreed also, think this would be a great feature! Any updates @Bruce

pat.pcoffey reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ranord50)
Contributor

I'm a brand new owner and would love to see this as well.  I really enjoy the finished piece with the background being the erase track.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@ranord50 This is a popular request, and is definitely on our list of planned features. Should be relatively soon.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

Request granted. 1.12.04 update includes this feature.

ReplyQuote
(@apisdorf)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@matt2 Great news!  Thank you very much.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@christopherclark1982gmail-com)
Contributor

THANK YOU!!! This was a huge win.  I love having it auto-erase between tracks.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sves)
Contributor

Is this setting still available? I just got a new table, am on 1.12.07, and cannot find any such option.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop