Clear all

Strange behavior after factory resets

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

For reasons that I won't lengthen this thread describing, I ended up performing 3 factory resets of my table on the same day.  I noticed that each time, the supposed "factory state" was a bit different, which makes me a bit concerned as to the effectiveness or consistency of the factory reset.  In all cases I initiated the factory reset from the iOS app, not the hard reset button.

Prior to performing any factory resets, I was already on the latest firmware, 1.10.70.

After Factory Reset #1, I observed the following:

• I did not have to log back into the Community section. My credentials had been preserved.
  • I had a new "2Ball Demo" playlist that didn't exist before, even though I had was already on the latest firmware.
  • I lost a track called "Fox1warp1".  Prior to the reset, I had that track -- although it was not in the Default Playlist -- in addition to a track called "Fox1warp2", which WAS in the Default Playlist.  Afterward, I only had Fox1warp2.

After Factory Reset #2:

• My Community credentials were NOT preserved. I had to log in again.
  • My Favorites playlist was preserved with all of the tracks I had previously added, even though my other playlists were gone.
  • The track normally called "Spiral1B" was simply called "SpiralB".  Yes, I'm certain about this because I had made a note about this track before and thought I had added the "1" in error when I saw that it was just shown as "SpiralB" -- until I performed Factory Reset #3 below and the name changed back.

After Factory Reset #3:

• My Community credentials were preserved. I did not have to log in.
  • My Favorites playlist was not preserved as it had been before.
  • Spiral1B was back to its normal name rather than "SpiralB".

I'm not sure what accounts for this behavior, but needless to say I found it a bit strange.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by john.hughan

(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Well ironically I goofed the name of the name-changing track in the above post.  The track in question is "Swirl1B", which after one factory reset had changed to just "SwirlB".

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

John,

I looked through your steps here, and can respond to most of them.

1. Community credentials are stored in the app, not on the table. When factory resetting and reconnecting to the same table, the login can be preserved. If you specifically log out from Community, then the credentials are forgotten.

2. 2BallDemo is added by the table on first run in our default settings (on 2 ball tables). It was added in April of 2018, so any table purchased or assembled before then would not have initially had it.

3. Fox1warp1 is commented out of the current default settings, it looks like it was taken out in September, we may have done that because it wasn't included in any playlist.

4. Favorites could also be maintained by the app between Factory Resets if the app is not closed. This seems like a bug to fix. 

5. Swirl1B/SwirlB was a Webcenter issue. I have fixed the name on Webcenter and it should show up correctly after loading tracks from Community.

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply Matt.  I just received this table last week though, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't have had the 2BallDemo playlist out of the box, or why I had the Fox1warp1 track.  Maybe the Sisbot on my table was pre-loaded a long time ago?

I didn't realize that the iOS app stored some client-side settings.  I thought it was essentially a view into an entirely table-hosted UI given that when I go to the table's IP on my PC's web browser, I see virtually the same interface, and I can even browse the Community from there without having to log in on the desktop browser, which would suggest that credentials are stored in the table as well?  In any case, I may well have kept the app open across some factory resets and not others.

I do appreciate you taking the time to reply, address the track name, and possibly log that bug report about Favorites though. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop