Clear all

New table stuck on "HOMING YOUR TABLE"

17 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ben-table)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I just got the metal side table and after setting it up, it is stuck on homing. The app says "Homing your table, this should only take a moment", but it never finishes whatever it's doing.

I have the color LED kit with two balls, and one ball rotates in about a 2" circle in the center of the table, the other one is docked in the docking bay thing, and I can see that the outer magnet is trying to pick it up as it swings by.

I've tried unplugging the table many times, and waiting anywhere from 10 seconds to 20 minutes. I've tried a factory reset and the results are the same.

Is there something I need to do get the table set up correctly?

Bev
(@beverly)
Contributor

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear your new table isn't working properly. It sounds like there is a problem with the home sensor (when the table boots up, the first thing it does is find "home" - first the rotation axis, then the linear).  Since you can see the arm rotating, the motor is working - but the sensor is not responding when a tiny "target magnet" passes by it. Try this: Unplug the table. Look under and find the "SisBotBoard" (square circuit board). Check the connectors attached to it by tugging gently - especially the ones with 2 white and 1 black wire (these go to the Theta and Rho sensors). Even if they're not loose, reseat them by depressing the tiny plastic latch and pulling. Then reconnect by pushing in until you hear / feel a click. Neither pulling out or pushing in should require much force. Then try repowering the table. Fingers crossed...

Bruce

ps- if this doesn't work, follow the 3-wire cables to the two sensors and see if there is anything obvious (they should be firmly glued in place on the plate that holds the motors). Please contact our service desk if these directions don't work).

ReplyQuote
(@ben-table)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and am getting the same results. everything looked connected + stable even after reseating the connectors. I submitted a ticket with zendesk yesterday as well. 

Hopefully they'll have some tips on what to try next

ReplyQuote
(@ben-table)
Contributor
Topic starter  

One thing I noticed was that there's slots for two small magnets on the bottom of the track component, but there's only one magnet (see attached picture). Is this the normal state of this piece?

ReplyQuote
(@factures)
Contributor

My table 36 inch coffe table with upgrade kit 2 balls rgbw is also new and stuck at homing after the firmware update..

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@factures - Your report of that happening after a firmware update is the first I've heard. Please contact us at our support desk.

ReplyQuote
(@factures)
Contributor

Posted by: factures

My table 36 inch coffe table with upgrade kit 2 balls rgbw is also new and stuck at homing after the firmware update..

Update after unpluging / repluging both sensor and uncheck the reverse case it did 2 full track and seems to be working. I keep my finger crossed. 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@ben.oster.ca - Yes, that is normal. The Rho homing target magnet would be in the other position if your Sisyphus was a  coffee table (which has a larger radius, and hence the linear carriage must move further to reach home).

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@facture - Not sure what was the cause, but glad it's working again. What do mean by "uncheck the reverse case"?

ReplyQuote
(@factures)
Contributor

The case with reverse (picture)....but this morning the table is still stuck...

It was out of power for 6 hours, now stuck for the last 2 hours...

Is there a way to see the code line who as a error, (me or you to connect) there is already a case open.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Checking or unchecking a tracks reversibility shouldn't have any effect on homing (all tracks can be played backwards, but some won't look as good when plotted backwards). This sounds like something for our support team.

ReplyQuote
(@ben-table)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Just an update, I've been working with the support staff and we've confirmed that the problem is a faulty theta home sensor. 

ReplyQuote
(@ben-table)
Contributor
Topic starter  

New board showed up today. works great!

ReplyQuote
(@debra-powell)
Contributor

Very upset that I can’t get this to work!  I’ve tried for two days 

ReplyQuote
(@factures)
Contributor

@debra-powell My table only works if i go back to Factory and do one update maximum. The only downside is the pop up for the update that keeps comming up in the application every time i log in. Support said it's not software related, but that's how it works for me... Unfortunatly 🙂 for the past 3 years...

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@debra-powell Sorry for the trouble - this is a hardware problem that you will need our support team to trouble shoot. Please contact them here.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@factures That may work for you, but you are missing out on the new features and improvements. Please contact our support team and let them know your issues, and what version firmware you're running (got to Settings > Advanced > Firmware Version (fifth down on list). Depending on how far back you are, they may send you an SD card to swap in.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop