Clear all

My brand new coffee table lasted a week

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@andrewstatham)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I got a 36" metal coffee table about 10 days ago. The table worked perfectly for a week until i decided to download some tracks from the community. I downloaded 2 tracks and as I was uploading them to the table via web browser the upload crashed and that's the last time i ever connected to the table. I have tried EVERYTHING

1. I shut down my home wifi, waited 5 minutes, connected to the sisyphus hotspot and it does nothing. No connectivity with app or web browser.

2. I tried forcing the hotspot with the reset button and it was the same result.

3. I then did a hard reset by holding down the reset button for 45 seconds etc.. The only thing that changed is now my table doesn't start up at all. Previously my table would go through start up and then the ball would just jerk around randomly.

4. Now I'm researching re imaging my SD card which seems to be very simple but for the life of me I don't even see an SD card. Its not a rasberry Pi in my table like the one shown in the sisyphus video on youtube. It seems to be proprietary 

Im pretty disappointed seeing as I have a 3000 dollar sandbox is my living room now... 🙁

(@andrewstatham)
Contributor
Topic starter  

UPDATE: I managed to squirm under the table and locate the SD Card and remove it. I was looking at the wrong board... I'm downloading etcher and the zip files now and hopefully I'll be up shortly

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@Andrewstatham

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your new table. We're doing our best to prevent software crashes during firmware upgrades (and evidently, track downloads, in your case). We have a new version that we're testing now to prevent just such occurrences. I am optimistic that re-imaging your SD card will fix things - but in the future, the first place to go if you're having trouble is our support desk. Our support staff are all intimately knowledgeable about our products, and are extremely capable at troubleshooting and fixing problems.

Bruce Shapiro
artist / CEO, Sisyphus Industries

ReplyQuote
(@andrewstatham)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thx for the quick reply Bruce. I actually was contacted by Colin from support already and he suggested re imaging the SD Card which worked just fine and the table is now running once again. The only problem I had was getting Etcher to work. Every time I tried to flash the .iso file it said "Somethings wrong. If the file is compressed it might be corrupted.., Permission is denied. I ended up downloading Win32 Disk Imager and it worker flawlessly...

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Cool - great to hear it's back up!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop