Clear all

How long does table homing take?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ohlrogge)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I just received a new 36" Sisyphus table as a gift.  I have connected to it via my phone App.  I tried running a design on it.  I got a message on my phone saying "HOMING YOUR TABLE This should only take a moment."  That was about 30 minutes ago and I am still seeing this message. 

The ball has gone around maybe 60 degrees in a single portion of a circle, and the lights are on.  Periodically the ball moves a bit and/or the table beeps. Apart from this nothing is happening.  

How long is this expected to go on?  Is this normal behavior or is this an indication of a problem?  If the latter, what can be done to correct it?

Thanks

(Note: I was unable to update the firmware on my table, due to being unable to connect it to WiFi - see my other post on this message board.  Is it possible this explains the inability to home?  My firmware is currently version 1.10.30).  

(@bruce)
Admin

Well, that's clearly not normal behavior! And it should not have anything to do with your trouble getting the table connected to your WiFi (it does not need to be connected to anything except power to run on its own). If you have not done so already, try power cycling the table (pull the plug on the power supply, wait 10 seconds, and plug back in). If you see the same problem, take a look under the table and see if there is anything obvious obstructing the movement of the arm that carries the magnet. Since you table is brand new, it is possible that something shifted or some packing material found its way onto the mechanism. I've sent a note to our support desk, which is the best place to follow-up on any issues like this. If the problem does not resolve after power cycling, we will follow up with your there (support@sisyphus-industries).

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop