skip to Main Content
How can I use "apt ...

Notifications
Clear all

How can I use "apt install" to get new packages?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@virtualdmns)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I want to put pip on my table for the factory installed python2. This is so I can get a package to have the lightstrip in the table match my philips hue setup. I keep getting permission issues for saving files, and 404 errors for the repositories in the table (cant get any package I want). I feel like this thing is super locked down, which is good, but not for someone like myself. I struggle to create a backup as well. Any way to let me at this thing, no restrictions? Why is the entire thing set as read only? Surely there must be a part of the setup that is not read-only.
Any documentation I could read? I love the table btw.

(@virtualdmns)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have managed to make a backup of the full SD card manually. Now I just need to know how to have unrestricted access. Even the root account cannot get past the issues.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Welcome to the Community, @justin-carlson. I've relayed this to our our Dev, Matt. He's off for the weekend, but he will get back to you on this.

ReplyQuote
(@virtualdmns)
Contributor
Topic starter  

@bruce thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@justin-carlson Just sent you an email.  Matt says you should be able to access everything you want. Let me know if you have any trouble and I'll connect you with him.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop