skip to Main Content
Clicking/thunking n...

Notifications
Clear all

Clicking/thunking noise sounds like skipping teeth on the gears when near the center

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@finntoogood)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Today my table started making multiple clicking noises a second when its near the center, these are loud thunks that sound like skipping gears. I believe it is skipping gears since the lights get out of sync with the ball when these happen (lights move past the ball). It is more frequent in the center but still happens half way out. Seems to happen more on the South East-East side (Mini's cable is North) of the table. I have taken off the top and cleaned both the arms, the plates and the underside but its still present

(@bruce)
Admin

It's hard to diagnose the cause of noise via verbal description - but I'm fairly sure the noise is not gear teeth being skipped. It is most likely the Rho stepper motor "stalling." When unable to turn its shaft because of mechanical resistance (obstruction, higher than normal friction, etc.) it vibrates loudly. This can happen if Rho homing (finding the center) isn't working right, and the Rho axis hits its end of travel. It causes no damage to gear or pulley teeth. Our support team is expert at troubleshooting and fixing issues. Please contact the support desk, and if you can, take a video of your Mini when it's making the noise and out of position and upload it there.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop