Clear all

Advanced Movement - centering?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alhamric)
Contributor
Topic starter  

New table user here - I'm loving the side table so far. I noticed that when the ball homes to center, it is not exactly at the center of the table. I was looking for a way to manually adjust what the bot believes is center, and believe I may have found it in the Advanced Movement section when logged into the table with the browser. I see jog theta left/right and jog rho outward/inward. However, I did not notice any discernible difference after clicking these a few times, and I don't recall seeing instructions in the FAQs.

Are there official instructions on how to adjust the center position of the ball?

Thanks!

Andy

(@dithermaster)
Contributor

I think those commands just move the mechanism but don't "calibrate" the mechanism.

From what I've read here, sometimes the magnet spring mechanism can get offset (perhaps during shipping) to the "side" of what a "rho" movement would be (or, in other words, perpendicular to rho). Someone made a track to check this. It's called "rho_offset_check.thr" and I put a copy of it here: https://github.com/Dithermaster/sisyphus/tree/master/utility (right-click and download, then upload to table (see instructions here:  https://github.com/Dithermaster/sisyphus )

When you run this track, if your side-to-side is fine then the line will be continuous (like you could drive down it straight). If it's offset, the line will have a "jog" in it (or a little semicircle at the center of the table). If that's the case, you can work with SI to fix it. I haven't done it, but I think you drop the mechanism and pivot the spring arm. Maybe you can even get to that without dropping the mechanism. They can tell you for sure.

If that's not it, then it could be the zero (homing) calibration. Again, SI can help. They will want to see pictures of what you're seeing.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

You are both right on. Homing (finding dead center) is physically imperfect. Some tables have an offset - which can definitely be corrected. We know about this, but your sharing with us ups the priority. I will add this to the dev Trello!

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop