Clear all

A Question of Noise

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@uk-guy)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi. I've had my Mini Ex for a couple of weeks now and overall I'm very pleased with it. There is one issue though that I'm concerned about and that is the level of noise generated when the tracks are playing. At first I thought the Mini might need a 'running in' period after which it would quieten down but this has not been the case. I had read somewhere in this forum mention of a 'satisfying crunch' sound but this is not what I am referring to. The noise I'm concerned about is a 'grinding' type sound that is especially loud when the ball is running in a more direct line from the 0-1 axis or 1-0. I have tried running the mini with the ball(s) removed altogether and the 'grinding' sound is just as loud so it's nothing to do with the ball movement itself. When a track is in pause mode there is no sound whatsoever and the speed setting is left at 50%. There's no way I could have a TV on in the room and be able to concentrate while the Mini is running. So how loud am I talking? Well, if I have the Mini running (with or without the steel ball(s) in use) and leave the room closing the door behind me I can still hear it from the other side of the closed door. Is this normal? I'm concerned that it may be running incorrectly with excessive wear which may be the cause of the noise. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

(@bruce)
Admin

@uk-guy From your description, your Mini is working properly - that's way too much sound. Please take a video of it when it's making the most sound. And then start a ticket on our support desk (which will allow you to upload the video). Our support team is first rate and will work with you to figure out and rectify the problem.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop