Clear all

"Away" timing functions

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@toddgneville2)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I'd ask that we be able to set multiple "Away" ("Off") times, which can be customized by day of week, to conserve the lifetime of the components.

Currently this is a single time window, "Night time", which works well, but I'd like to have the ability to turn the table "off" completely and automatically M-F 9-5 (when I am at work) in addition to Nighttime.  I'd also like to have a different schedule on weekends versus weekdays.  I'd assume this is a minor change in the app?  I'm considering plugging the table into a simple plug timer to accomplish this, but I'm not sure it is a good idea for the table to lose power every afternoon and have to reboot completely?

I see others have asked for Alexa/Siri/Google Home integration, which sounds more complex, but perhaps those ultimately provide similar functionality via those other interfaces. 

I'm a fan of a function in the app that is easy to use.

(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks for the suggestion - this is something we could add in the future. At present, you can use a plug timer and it will not hurt anything. The only down side is that on power up, your table will always re-home and start over - not start where it last was. We have several people experimenting with home automation systems, and my guess is that this will soon be the easiest route to fully automating start and stop times using a preset schedule of your choosing.

Bruce

ReplyQuote
(@toddgneville2)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I'm contemplating this (controlling the power plug with Alexa or something similar).  An issue with this I've seen thus far is when 'rebooted', the table seems to lose any settings changes, specifically the speed.  It defaults to a fairly slow speed, and we like the max speed.  But on every powerup, I have to login to the app and reset it.  Be nice to 'remember' some of the settings. If powered off/on in this manner, you are stuck with all defaults.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

I hear you. We are working on making the app better. The focus is going to be not on brute force  (cutting power and turning back on). Everything is connected and has an API (way to "talk" to the world). Sisyphus. Alexa. Homekit (Siri).... It's coming. Just can't pinpoint how long it will take us. But not long is my prediction.

ReplyQuote
(@flydogs)
Contributor

Hey are there any updates on Alexa integration?    Really eager to get this going. 

If not can I get confirmation that it won’t be a big deal to add a smart home on/off plug that I can control with Alexa?    I won’t use it often but it would be more convenient to use voice when sitting down to watch a movie and wanting to turn down the table light than doing it through the app. 

Thanks! 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop