Clear all

Request: Ability to add color mode changes and pauses to playlist

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@benrinker)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but after playing with my Sisyphus for a few days, I've noticed noticed that certain settings definitely complement some tracks better than others.

For example, for geometric designs, it looks great to have the ball transition right into another track, but for some freestyle tracks, it would be nice to leave the finished product on display for awhile before the next track begins; personally, I also really enjoy seeing the ball rest in the center of the table after a 10 or 00 track, but I'm less fond of having the ball stop out of sight in 01 or 11 tracks. Likewise, on some tracks, the comet mode really brings out the motion of the ball, but on other tracks, I prefer the rainbow mode to complement the overall design.

It would be amazing if we could add items to playlists that could accomplish this, like adding pauses to specific points in our playlist or changing the lighting mode/colors before certain tracks play (I've included a quick mockup of what I'm thinking the end result might look like.) I'd love to hear thoughts if anyone has any other ideas on how to accomplish this!

(@bruce)
Admin

@benrinker - Just got done with a support staff meeting, and relayed your idea. First off, thanks for sharing your suggestions (and tracks), as well as the great mockup pic.  While everyone agreed that some people would make use of this added feature, there was concern about added complexity (some of our users find making playlists daunting). Also, what happens if the playlist is played back in shuffle mode? 🙂

benrinker reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benrinker)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Bruce,

Thanks so much for your reply! I totally agree that adding more functionality to playlists complicates things a whole lot, and on the topic of lighting mode changes, unless lights are able to fade/transition in the future, adding those sudden changes to a playlist might be a little too blunt for an otherwise really elegant design. 

I thought I should also share that I’ve been able to accomplish a lot of my wish list using the Sisyphus Siri shortcuts (which are amazing, by the way) and iOS automations. I can load the app onto a spare phone and schedule play/pause/color modes for certain times of the day, or even have a certain color mode and playlist activate when one of my calendar events (like a party) starts.

It also seems pretty simple to make a “wait” track that just keeps the ball on the center or edge of the table for awhile, so I think that might be a helpful tool I make for myself in the future. 

This table has been more beautiful and versatile than I could have imagined; thank you so much for all the work you put into making it a reality. 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks, Ben - not only for the kind words about the table, but for jumping into all aspects of it so quickly and deeply. Looking forward to hearing more of your ideas as you spend more time with it - and of course, seeing more of your tracks!

benrinker reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop