Community

Remote control by LaMetric Time, IFTTT, etc.?  

RSS

(@fofer)
Contributor
October 18, 2018 3:45 pm  

Hi, smarthome enthusiast here. I am still loving my Sisyphus coffee table and have been enjoying tinkering with ways to remotely control it. I prefer physical buttons over a touchscreen or smartphone app. I currently have Flic buttons working well for basic commands (play / pause / sleep / wake / dim / bright.)

I was wondering if I could set up something similar for the excellent LaMetric Time display? It has buttons on top for control, and the display could also show the name of the Sisyphus track currently being drawn. Is this something IFTTT could help with?

Incidentally, LaMetric was my *second* favorite crowdfunding campaign a few years back. 😉

I'm interested in any other means to control the Sisyphus table, beyond its app or webpage. I'm dreaming of a day I can one day handle it via voice commands to Alexa, Siri, OK Google, Cortana, Samantha or whoever.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
October 19, 2018 10:53 am  

You are not alone! After a few people wrote about their success connecting a Flic button, I tried it, and though it was cool to be abe to get it to work, I could see its limitations. Voice command is definitely the way to go IMO. We are definitely planning to devote significant developer time on this, and IFTTT is likely the place we'll start. Our hope is to get our API to a level documentation where the community can start experimenting soon.

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor
October 19, 2018 5:20 pm  

Hopefully Amazon Alexa support too! 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
October 20, 2018 10:48 am  

"Alexa - play dither_yinyang" - definitely! 🙂

Actually, using the LIFX Z string, since it is Homekit compat, I can tell Siri to change the lighting up/dn and change colors - and it works (which I still find amazing).

ReplyQuote
(@fofer)
Contributor
November 1, 2018 12:31 am  

Simply being able to tell Alexa to pause/play, sleep/wake, or turn the light on/off on my Sisyphus would be fantastic.  I'm excited to see this progress.

Thanks for the reply.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Working

Please Login or Register