Clear all

playing a new track each morning

0 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rkashden)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Since the last firmware change, that saves the current state when the table awakes in the morning, prevents the table from playing a new track each day, I started to use Siri automation to call the api call http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/sisbot/play_next_track

This returns the functionality of a new track each day, BUT I noticed that the table's motor makes an unusual (almost grinding noise) when the track starts to play.  

I was concerned that this noise might be a sign of doing something that might cause damage to the table.  Is there another API call that I should make before calling "play_next_track", to avoid the noise?

(@bruce)
Admin

Not sure if the noise is abnormal without hearing it. When your Sisyphus is paused (or sleeping), the motors are de-powered (because they sometime whine when holding still and powered). When you hit play (or have Siri do it), you will here a very brief, soft "click" of the motors "snapping to attention" - but I would not describe it as "grinding." How long does the sound last? 

ReplyQuote
(@rkashden)
Contributor
Topic starter  

The noise lasts about 1/2 sec.  After I wrote the post I noticed that there were days where the table didn't make any noise when it first started up.  Maybe it's just the motor "snapping to attention" like you mentioned.

Thanks for the response.  I'm still hoping for an upgrade to the firmware that brings back the old functionality of running the next track when the table wakes.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Hmm - a half second is longer than I'd expect. Please contact our support desk if it recurs: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

With regard to the option to auto-start a track on wake, with pause between tracks active - you're not the only one who has made this request. Our devs are working on adding this.

ReplyQuote
(@ostryzak)
Contributor

Hi Bruce

I'd like to add my comment and request the return (or equivalent of) auto-start track on wake... 

I've enjoyed having a single new track drawn slowly starting at the beginning of each day by default...something I've lost with the latest firmware update.

Thanks, and love my table!

-O

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Duly noted!

ReplyQuote
(@info3)
Contributor

+1 to bring this feature back please ???? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop