Clear all

Wired port

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@quickdraw497)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I'm trying to use the wired port on the pi instead of the wireless to get around some restrictions at my work. Really just so I can update the firmware. I can get an IP address fine, and connect via browser to port 3001. Initially I get the app page and everything seems fine. After approx 2 seconds, it goes to the lost connection page with the "learn how to fix this" and "retry connection" options. When I retry the connection, same thing. page briefly comes up then switches to lost connection. I've tried multipe browsers with no luck. I didn't disable the onboard wireless so it is still acting as a local hotspot. I'm a little scared to do that in case I lock myself out. Any thoughts?

Thanks

-Patrick

(@micahr)
Admin

Have you power cycled the table since plugging in the network cable? When you initially plug in the network the table still acts as if in hotspot mode so network communication doesn't work. On restart it should recognize the network connection. If you're still having issues I'll need to know firmware version.

Micah

ReplyQuote
(@quickdraw497)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi Micah,

Thanks for the reply. I did cycle the power with the cable plugged in with the same results. I then downed the wlan interface once I had a vaild ip off the cable just to get it out of the way. I can do a constant ping to the wired address with no loss, yet same behavior when connected through a browser. Main page comes up, 2 sec goes to the loss of connetion page. I was able to enable a hot spot on another computer and bridge the wireless connection to the same wired network. That seemed to work and I was able to connect.  The end table that I'm working with is reporting firmware 1.2.0 and that it is up to date. My coffee table at home is reporting firmware 1.10 and up to date. Is there a published list of current and past firmware versions somewhere so I can see if this is correct? and if it's not, is there a way to do a manual firmware update?

-Patrick

This post was modified 4 years ago by quickdraw497

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

Hey Patrick,

I don't have a published list of current firmware but I can tell you the current version is 1.10.62. This is the same across all Sisyphus tables/Minis. Your side table is reporting a very old version that you can't upgrade from. To get it updated you'll need to re-image the SD card. See this article: Steps to re-image your SD card. Make sure to complete all steps as your lights will not turn on initially. You'll need to select the configuration for your table. Once this is done we'll need start over with the wired connection.

Micah

ReplyQuote
(@quickdraw497)
Contributor
Topic starter  

The flash of the card did the trick. I was able to apply the new firmware and then install my multi ball/RGBW lights. Thanks for the help. 

Patrick

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop