Clear all

Wifi channels 12 and 13

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kristoffer-bjorkman)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Due to wifi congestion (sometimes over 40 SSIDs visible on 2.4GHz!) I really *need* to have my 2.4GHz network on channel 12 or 13 which are relatively less used. It seems that Sisyphus can't find the network now that I changed the channel to >11.

In Europe channels 1-13 are regularly used for 2.4GHz wifi. I understand that in the US you only use channels 1-11 for home networks. I'm doing my own projects with the Raspberry Pi 3 and it is smart enough to limit the available wifi channels depending on the region setting. 

I guess my problem is that my Sisyphus believes it is in the US and not allowed to use channels >11. How can I make it connect to a channel 12 or 13 network? I am fully comfortable with using SSH to change region setting if that is required (though I don't have the password needed).

(@micahr)
Admin

Kristoffer,

You are correct on all counts and will need to update the region settings in the Pi. PW pm'd.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop