Clear all

Latest iOS version not connecting

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

So I guess I spoke too soon...the latest version of the app is hanging on me at the Connecting... stage.  I really think that the latest app update was a step backward:  I've tried everything to connect; the only thing that works is power cycling the table, but I have to do this EVERY time that I need to connect.  Clearly that's not acceptable.

(@mgraf68)
Contributor

Same troubles here.    Plus I get really screwy behavior at times trying to pull up available WiFi networks (screenshot).    Other times when the networks pull up, the app automatically switches to the "Switching Wifi Networks" screen before I even finish typing in the password.   Then it will pop back to the network selection screen again, and all the networks are gone.

This is one of the buggiest app updates I have ever seen.     I even resorted to doing a factory reset and losing all my uploaded tracks and playlists, only to return to the same issues when updating to the latest firmware.

I really hate being nervous about every single firmware update (and now app updates) with my table.   Seems it has turned into that.   ???? 

Seems like deficient QA test procedures?

This post was modified 5 years ago by mgraf68

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

We're seeing the following issues here with the mobile app:

• When the table is in hotspot mode and the app is started (mobile device connected to hotspot) it sits on the black logo screen for about 30 seconds before scanning starts and connection is made.
  • When attempting to connect the table to a wifi network and after selecting the network the screen will refresh to the settings screen not allowing the credentials to be completed.

@heropup - what is the firmware version on your table and mobile device model? I'm attempting to recreate your specific issue.

I understand the frustration and please know we are working very hard to improve the update process for firmware and app. Most recently we have thoroughly redone the firmware update process to ensure a fully functional firmware and prevent failed updates. On this front I am confident that many improvements have been made.

The most recent app update is a step backwards and this is unacceptable. As director of our software development I hold responsibility. I am committed to ensuring all further updates are an improvement so all customers do not have to worry about loosing functionality and will be excited about updates including new features. On this note we are nearing release of the first version of web-center that will drastically simplify adding tracks to your table as well as sharing tracks with others. We will be offering this on TestFlight for iOS and beta for Android in the coming weeks. The first release will not require a firmware update.

Micah Roth, COO

ReplyQuote
(@brantharradine)
Contributor

Same here

need to do a power down to connect via mobile app each time.  Laptop connects without issue

ReplyQuote
(@mgraf68)
Contributor

Micah helped me out with these instructions, haven’t had any issues connecting to the app since:  

“The quickest way to get you up and running before we push a fix is to connect with a browser and connect the table to your wifi. Connect a computer to the Sisyphus hotspot and enter the URL 192.168.42.1
The steps to connect to wifi are the same from there.”

This post was modified 5 years ago by mgraf68

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop