Clear all

IP Address Seems Off

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bychance)
Contributor
Topic starter  

When I first connected to the table everything went smooth and the table had an IP address within my network range. Yesterday we had a power outage and the table lost connection. I can connect to the table, but it has an IP address of 192.168.42.1      My network IP's are 192.168.1.x

I can connect to the table with android tablet, but only if I'm connected to the Sisyphus wifi. If I connect to my internet wifi I loose connection to the talbe.

And, I'm not able to connect to the table from a PC.

(@bruce)
Admin

192.168.42.1 is the default IP address of the table when it is in "hotspot" mode - meaning, putting out its own WiFi signal (and NOT connected to your home WiFi router).  Not sure why it didn't reconnect to your home WiFi - it should have remembered your credentials from having been connected before - but you should be able to reconnect it to your home WiFi by:

1. Put your phone back onto the Sisyphus WiFi
  2. connect to your table
  3. go to Settings>Advanced>Connect to WiFi network
  4. choose your home WiFi and enter your password

If you entered the correct password, the table will connect to your home WiFi network, and you will no longer find the "Sisyphus" network showing up on your phone's list of available networks. Put your phone back onto your home WiFi (it will likely do so automatically after the Sisyphus WiFi disappears). Connect to your table, and you will then see that the IP address of your table has changed, since it is now assigned by your router.

ReplyQuote
(@bychance)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Worked perfectly.

Thank you,

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop