Clear all

Cannot connect to mini

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@belross)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I just tried setting up the Mini Essential table I received but have run into trouble.

On first powerup I was able to connect to the Sisyphus wifi network with the app. I then had the Mini connect to my office's guest wifi network.

It seems that the Mini was able to connect to the guest wifi but I was not able to in turn connect to the Mini with the app. I'm guessing the wifi security settings will not allow device-to-device connection. Unfortunately there is no way to turn off the guest wifi as suggested in this article (it's in an office of 300 people) so I opted for the hard reset outlined here.

Now, the situation is even worse. The RGBW lights don't work because the table has not been configured properly. I still cannot connect to the Mini over wifi - sometimes when I power cycle it the "Sisyphus" network shows up momentarily but cannot be connected to. Maybe it still has the old wifi settings, even after hard reset? At this point there's no way for me to connect to the table to delete the bad wifi settings.

Is there a way to directly connect via cable/SSH?

(@garrett-keith)
Contributor

I have this same issue now. Is there a way to force it into WiFi mode so i can reconnect and reset the WiFi?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

If you have a Mini, the easiest thing to do is to move it temporarily to a location outside the reach of the guest network. Once it's no longer in range, it will go into hotspot mode and allow you to connect to its hotspot.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop