Clear all

"wave x3" from 2020 contest crashes table on FW 1.10.83

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I did a factory reset, updated firmware, and attempted to download wave x3 from the 2020 contest submissions.  The download causes the table to stop moving, and the app stalls until it loses connection to the table.  Reconnecting does not work; the table has to be power cycled.

This track has worked on my table previously.  It was only because of the in/out bug that I did a factory reset and tried re-downloading all the tracks; it was at this point where I discovered the issue with this specific track.  No other tracks I have downloaded have had this issue.  I know that when particularly large tracks are downloaded, the table pauses to process the files, but some of my own tracks are pretty (unnecessarily) large and yet the table doesn't choke on them.

(@matt2)
Admin

Thanks for the heads up. The track won't actually crash the table, but it does lock up the cpu for a bit while it truncates extraneous verts from the very large track. If you see this again, give it a little more time. It only needs to do this operation the first time it plays a track.

I've replaced the .thr for this particular track in Community with the already truncated version, so it should play right away for any new downloads.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop