set track path

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cooperlublin)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way to set the path of a track without having to go into the list of coordinates. When I make a track in wintopo, put it through Sisyphusfortherestofus and import it to sandify, it picks its own path for the track. Most of the time, the path it selects is not one i would choose. Is there an easy way to set the path yourself?

Thanks!

Coop

(@bruce)
Admin

Not sure I fully understand your question. Sandify does not "pick" the order of the path vertices when you import an already made track into it. Using SisyphusForTheRestOfUs, however, does do the vertex-order choosing - that's the "price" of using an algorithmic solution to an extremely complex problem (how do you make a single, continuous path through a large number of unordered path segments that touch each other). The only way to have absolute control of vertex order is to create the track by "hand" (draw it using vector software), or to use an algorithmic approach to making the points that creates them in a specific order.

ReplyQuote
(@cooperlublin)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Ahhh ok that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop